“Unexpexted surprise”
Review of La Brasserie

La Brasserie
Ranked #6 of 321 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I am stunned by the quality and price. I stopped by shortly before they closed at 925 pm. I was greeted by the waitress warmly but they indicated that they did not want me to rush. The only thing was that I was hungry. I had spent my evening looking for a pharmacy as my little one was feeling under the weather. I told them that I would not overstay the 10pm closing. I ordered the fried chicken special with green papaya. It was awesome savory and delicious. My description does not do it enough justice. 2 Stark IPAs later which is a local beer brewed to perfection. I quickly ordered a crepes with an orange liquor anf chocolate topped with vanilla ice cream. It was stunning. The dinner was an uexpected surprise for 200k idr. Phenomenal! I promised to return for the duck confit.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I stay in Ubud in most US winters, when I returned to my beloved Melting Wok in Ubud to find that Geraldine was at the beach in Jimbaran where she and her husband had opened a new restaurant, I had to go. It was well worth the trip down from the mountain to see her and what she has done with her new place.

The menu selections feature my favourites from the Melting Wok plus many additions to reflect the location by the sea. Perfect. And the price is right.

The best part of dining there is the happiness and caring you feel from the well trained staff. Who wouldn't want to work for Geraldine?

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We passed this place and looked in and saw the sign from Melting Wok in Ubud. Then saw the owner and we knew that we would get the best food. This place is something special, the food the atmosphere the staff are one of a kind. And still not expensive or posh. Their chocolate fondue is to die fore.
Thanks a lot Madame Geraldine and your staff fore a memorable time and food. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We went here two days in a row, and would've gone more frequently if they weren't closing for Nyepi day. The seafood noodles were divine, and so were the salted caramel crepes. We also loved the craft beers. The owner has as eye for detail, and oversees every aspect of the restaurant. The staff are very friendly, which is standard for Bali, but they also seem very happy and well looked after. It is a pleasure to visit this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has it all- sensational ambience, attentive pleasant staff that ooze sincerity and truly refreshing dishes that provide excellent value for money. Walked past several near empty restaurants to find a pleasantly humming almost capacity restaurant on a Monday night. I cannot praise highly enough the wonderful friendly vibe that the young waitstaff exhibited and the energy and attentiveness to all customers displayed by the owner. You can’t go wrong! We will return