Arriving at the hotel it was quite confusing whether we were at the right place or not as it seems to go by 3 other names as well (Palace on Step, Elina and Ajay Hotels). . There are 3 or 4 types of rooms; standard, heritage,maharaja and the AC Suite. We booked the AC Suite online (much cheaper than the hotels website) as a treat to ourselves as we finished the last few days of a 5 week stay in India. Although the location of the hotel was great, being situated right on one of the main Ghats, we were disappointed with our room and suspected that we were actually given the heritage room. The TV, and fridge didn't work, and the hot water seemed to be on holidays, usually taking 20-30 minutes to kick in to a luke warm temp only. The air con worked great but wasn't needed. The hotel has a generator to help with the frequent power cuts but was unfortunately right outside our room making us feel like we were on the Indian Railway. We couldn't help but wonder if the lesser priced rooms would have been better value for money. Breakfasts on the rooftop restaurant (which had stunning views of the Ganges) were basic but tasty, consisting of a Masala Tea, toast and omelette, with scores of monkeys outside the caged dining area providing the entertainment as we ate. Overall a good option especially given the location, but would recommend checking the rooms and that you are getting what you paid for before settling in
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varanasi a mirror of ancient spiritual India and a destination swinging to the of India,s vibrant culture is a must visit for any traveler wishing to experience real India. To experience the real essence of Varanasi it is essential to discover and explore the ''old city' and the ghats the steps leading to the holy Ganges and the ghats the steps leading to holy Ganges. The hotel Palace on steps ,located at a prime location in the holy city, holds the distinction of having the maximum number of rooms offering an unparallelled view of the Ganges. Besides the hotel is a true balanced blend of luxury and comfort for the travelers ready to experience Varanasi in all its glory interestingly the hotel is designed aesthetically with a touch of true Indian history as showcased in the castle design which dates back about 400years. therefore the guest have an attraction of experiencing the splendor of medieval Indian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palace on Steps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace On Steps Hotel Varanasi
- Palace On Stepss Varanasi