2,377 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant guest house the river private balcony main building old city place to stay train station perfect location hot water meer ghat ganga view airport pick narrow streets rooms are clean main ghats walking tour
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lovely decor in both the rooms (I recommend getting one with a balcony and river view) and common areas, and very easy access to the ghats. They can arrange pre-dawn boat tours along the river as well as walking guides through the city. The view from the rooftop restaurant is great and the food is good, although I would still recommend venturing out to take advantage of all the delicious cuisine Varanasi has to offer.

Room tip: Rooms with a river-facing balcony are great -- you can relax and just watch everything going on down on the ghats!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GanpatiGuestHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ganpati Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear David N

Thank you so much for giving us the chance to provide you our services and above all to share your experiences with our future guests.
Your satisfaction is our goal, so reading comments like yours makes us feel very happy.
Thank you again, we’ll be waiting for you and your family at Ganpati Guest House in near future.

With Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a rare find. Perfect for our two night stay. Other places we considered seemed drab and uninteresting. Ganapati actually has some character. Clean, comfortable AC rooms and a rooftop restaurant. It is ideally located on the ghats. If you are visiting Varanasi, you want to stay on the ghats, because the trip in and out of the area would be a very inconvenient effort and somewhat limiting. Ganpati is the perfect place to take in the Varanasi experience without the hassles. When you need a break from the spectacle of the ghats, you can easily retreat back to your room or the rooftop restaurant. I normally don’t recommend booking extras through hotels because it is way overpriced. But Ganpati does not gouge you on prices, so I highly recommend booking boat tours, a waking tour, and transfers through the hotel. This will save you from having to haggle or get hustled. To get here from the airport is about a 30 minute cab ride and then a 15 minute walk through a maze of alleys. So we booked arrival transfer through hotel because they pick you up by car and then have a guide and porters meet you at the drop off point to walk you in and carry your bags. All went smoothly. We stayed in the Annex, which is short zig-zag through an alley to an adjacent building. Here I discovered its own rooftop patio where you can get 360 degree views of the area. The restaurant food and service was very good too. Recommend the Thali or a spring roll (for something different).

People either love or hate Varanasi, depending on your perspective. We were fascinated by the experience, and I think Ganapati Guesthouse helped make that possible. It allows the intrepid traveler to experience Varanasi life from the right perspective. Because of its prime location, reliable restaurant, and convenient tours, we could comfortably step in and out of Varanasi life throughout two days from a great vantage point without being too overwhelmed.

Room tip: Annex is door, but still very close main guesthouse.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lavagtan

Dear Lavagtan

Thank you for choosing to stay with us & taking out your precious time to write here on Trip Advisor.
It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Varanasi.
We are very glad to hear that you had such a lovely stay. We would be delighted to host you again in our hotel.

With Regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a deluxe room and airport transfer directly with the hotel via their website. Communication was always prompt. Was met on time outside of airport and transfer to hotel went smoothly. Yes, you do have to walk through the busy streets, but 2 staff carried my luggages. Hotel staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. My room was located on top floor, right off of restaurant area. I had a great view of the Ganga from my balcony. Slight noise but it did not disturb my sleep. A/C unit needs repair, but the huge ceiling fan made up for it. There was a small refrigerator. No soap or shampoo provided. Not sure if they have at front desk, as I had my own. Also room not cleaned and towels exchanged. Again, not sure if I had to ask. Rooftop restaurant had great views, and good food with fair prices. They held my luggage on last day, and there were showers and bathrooms to use. My biggest inconvenience was the wifi not working for 2 days. Would definitely recommend for the service, price and location.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Carriesue

On behalf of all the Hotel staff we would like to express our gratitude for choosing us as your hosts during your holidays in Varanasi and for writing your opinion here at TripAdvisor. We are very glad to hear that you had such a lovely stay and we would be pleased to host you again-n-again in our hotel.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We were in the Annex rooms.
There are clean, warm shower, the bed is large and ok.
The Guesthouse is nice, services provided at the reception and nice rooftop with beautiful view on the Ganga.
Location is perfect.
We asked a pick up at the airport. The driver was here with my name and he helped us through the chowk to find the GuestHouse
Definitety recommand this place.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Misshelium

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient. Were you able to explore the area? If not, you can visit us again and we are happy to share with you the must-visit attractions as well as some hidden treasures in the area.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Ganpati Guest House is a friendly, low budget guest house with quirky rooms. Clean, bright and a wonderful roof top restaurant. Our one concern was the apparent lack of potable water available for tourists. Due to the number of stairs (a reality in Varanassi) this is not an accessible Guest house for those with mobility issues. However, the staff is great and will porter your luggage for you from the outskirts of the old city.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank May H

Dear May175

Our locations are definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Varanasi and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions.