“SERVICE WITH A SMILE”
Review of Flavours Cafe

Flavours Cafe
Ranked #6 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Varanasi
Description: 150-200 metres from Main Entrance of BHU (B. Hindu University)
Description: 150-200 metres from Main Entrance of BHU (B. Hindu University)
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I was working at Varanasi and my family was based there when Flavours Café started at Lanka, about ten years ago. It quickly became a family favourite and we have continued to patronize it whenever we have visited Varanasi after that.

Recently we had an extended family reunion at Varanasi. On an ill-fated evening, we had two bad experiences in succession (please see my reviews of Vatika Café and Palace on Ganges on this site). At around 1030pm, one of the younger members of our party phoned Flavours to ask if they were still open and would serve half a dozen very hungry people. They replied that we were welcome.

We found that the Café was nearly deserted at that time, with just two guests at one of the tables. However the manager at the counter and young Shiva the waiter were both very courteous and made us feel welcome. The menu had limited choices for dinner, but we went ahead and ordered sandwiches, wraps, pastries and coffee.

We were there for nearly an hour, and thoroughly enjoyed the fare. More than the presentation and the taste, the hospitality displayed by the entire team elevated our moods. The manager and staff never let us feel that we were delaying them beyond their closing time. In fact, they made us feel welcome and kept offering to bring us more dishes, restoring our faith in humanity and the eateries of Varanasi. Finally, we were given two brightly-wrapped Diwali gifts – what a nice gesture!

Thanks and God Bless.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I have been there several times, and have been very cool with the temperature! It is a much better price than the other places in the upper parts there.

I've had meals, coffee and snacks, and all were good. The manager is great, he helps me with my broken Hindi. He makes sure that I really get black/ no cream, no sugar coffee! The best kind to have!

This place doesn't play loud music, so it is nice to sit by myself or with some friends!

Yes, I hope they are there for a long, long time!

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Average. Nearby the university. They occassionaly have good cakes. The staff are nice. I recommend the Flavors special Pasta.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

good for casual meeting with friends. ambience is good for either work or reading a book with a coffee.service is proper but don't expect crushed ice on cranberry juice(if you know what i mean)

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

The coffee is simply blissful. A good set up on the busy market area. The pizza n omelette are good. Also the cakes and muffins (carrot) are just yummm.