See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Its a decent place but the atmosphere is very old fashion and kinda 'indian'.

It seems that this place havent change from ages, and the staff is not used to service foreign tourists. We have been asked 12 times to give good grades on TripAdviser by our host.

The room was quite clean but the bathroom was very old and dirty and 'hot water runs only mornings'. We also find some oil and trash in a wardrobe??

We wont stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I only went here for breakfast. Staff seemed very friendly and view from roof top is just amazing. Hotel seems beautiful however I didn’t book any room and only went there for food. Initially for dinner and later for breakfast. Thali in food option is not good however ok for what you pay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I’ve used this place. Purely for the views of Taj from my room and also roof top bar was worth the list of gripes I had.
On check in, they wanted paying or some cash on account, on saying no they accepted it. The restaurant and bar bill (300rupees a beer) had to be paid cash at the end of each day. The regular guy behind the reception desk was surely, and didn’t want to speak English when it suited him.
The rooms are scruffy and our dogs at home have cleaner towels.
That aside you don’t pay a great deal per night, so like I said earlier it’s about the view.
I’d recommend the place on the views alone, but buyer be aware that’s all

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We were in Taj Plaza for one day hotel is good service is also good its plus point is it is only 1 Km from Taj Mahal east gate and on VIP road near Oberoi Hotel from this hotel you can view Taj Mahal from balcony so our stay was good.

Room tip: You can book Taj Facing room it is very good.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

The Taj Plaza has a lot going for it. A budget property walking distance from the Taj Mahal east gate. It's on a nice street. The hotel staff is very eager to please and eager to have you eat on their rooftop restaurant (which was decent).  Although there is no hair dryer in the room, when I asked, they provided one quickly, (once they understood what I was asking for). One of the differences between budget hotels and higher end hotels is they only turn on the hot water for showers when you ask. I think it's on for a couple hours in the morning, but if you want an afternoon or evening shower, all you have to do is ask, and they are quick to accommodate you. A desk clerk even came up to our room to check the temp and let us know it was good to go. One complaint we have is the tablecloths on the tables on the rooftop restaurant. They are permanently attached to the tables with staples and are nasty. They need to be replaced-daily! When we ate there, it detracted from our dining experience as we were very careful not to place our silverware on the table. The bed linens need improvement as well. No proper blankets. Only a light furry comforter on top of the sheets. The overall cleanliness needs to improve before we would stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2017