“There are only two types of people...”
Review of Taj Mahal

Ranked #1 of 108 things to do in Agra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 5 March 2012

For me, there are only two types of people in this world.
One who have seen the Taj Mahal and the others who haven't.

The beauty, the self-reflection, the story. Everything is simply superb. The attraction is best seen early morning or on a full moon night and one can plan visiting accordingly. There is a exponentially higher charge for entry of foreigners as compared to the entry fees of Indians and funnily enough, there are many stories surrounding that fact too. Ask a local and he will certainly entertain you with his version.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Taj Mahal is majestic. There is an audio tour, but we hired a guide and it was worth it. Thoroughly enjoyed touring the buildings and learning the history of the area. The only downside is the 5 hour drive from Delhi.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I am convinced that this is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world, but Agra does it's best to ruin whatever atmosphere of love and harmony Taj Mahal musters up. All though I'm not so sure about the "love" part in the first place, having learned the familiy story about the empereror that built it.

I guess architecture alone just doesn't do it for me. This was just another "been there, done that"-experience I could have been without.

Since we went several hours by car to do Taj, we wanted to do the most out of it and hired a guide. He showed a certificate, had fixed price and was well worth the money.

1  Thank Annbeate
Reviewed 4 March 2012

A visit to the Taj Mahal was everything that we expected. It is a truly spectacular world heritage site and unlike the rest of Agra is very clean and well maintained.

We drove down from Delhi the day before and got to the site first thing in the morning. I would advise this course as we were able to enjoy the site without huge crowds that descended on Agra later in the day.

The drive is very long, 5.5 hours on bad roads that are multiple use, although we didn't see any accidents, I suspect that many would occur. There is an express train that I didn't know about that I understand takes less than 3 hours, if going again I would investigate this option.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

The changing colour as the day progressed from cream to white to pink - beautiful