“Cozy, on a budget, impressive service”

Friends Paying Guest House
Ranked #6 of 211 Speciality Lodging in Agra
Reviewed 23 January 2016

We (5 of Thai girls) have been there last December. Even we have found that Agra is not the best place to spend overnight, but here at Friends Paying Guesthouse you should spend your time here. The staff and cooker are friendly. They give you suggestion how to survive in Agra with losing extra money and how to keep yourself safe. Room is comfortable enough to spend the night with quite big bed, toilet is clean and not too small. Food tastes good and affordable. Also, the restaurant, seat and decoration is nice, especially if you love Bob Marley!

Stayed: December 2015

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I am European but have been living in India for 8 years. I have visited Agra quite a few times, and before, whenever I was thinking about going to Agra, I only had bad touristic memories in my head - cold, dirty hotels, aggressive shop keepers etc.. But I really wanted to take my Indian family (4 people in total) to see the Taj Mahal. So I took some time looking for a good, reasonably priced hotel online. I decided to choose Friends Paying Guesthouse firstly because they had a "family room" for all of us, and secondly because the "friends" part in their name sounded... well, friendly!

And I really wasn't disappointed. I had this grubby, dirty image of hotels in Agra in my head, and when I arrived at this guesthouse, it was a huge relief. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and we had some very nice conversations with them. The common room of the guesthouse with the Bob Marley restaurant reminded me of the cosy, friendly youth hostels I used to go to in Europe when I was younger, and it almost made me forget that I was in India. With fun notes from guests on the walls, nice and cosy decoration/arrangements etc. We really had a (short but) nice time there - the room was simple but comfortable and exactly what I had been looking for.

They also have CCTV cameras and the place feels safe and warm.

Really we just felt like at home there.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
friendguesthouse, Manager at Friends Paying Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Greetings From Friends Guest House Agra !

Thank you Vio for sharing your feeling with us about India . we are totally agree with you what you had image about India Agra now you feeling good in India . Our place is very safe we have CCTV cameras and also we said to every tourist you can use your own padlock if you want . We are very close to the Taj Mahal Eastern gate ticket counter .
Vio we miss you alot we will invite you yusuf wedding soon . You are so kind . Wish you all the best .

Reviewed 8 January 2016

Vey comfortable stay at Friends Home stay . very tasty home made food . they teach free cooking classes every day . you just pay your order meal . security is so good . They have CCTV camera in parking, lobby, reception, restaurant. Joseph told us for security purposes they use this . They are very friendly and helpful people very positive vibe I felt in friends guest house so far . highly recommend to all travellers . Try Bob Marley restaurants special lassi .

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank molinhee
friendguesthouse, Owner at Friends Paying Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2016

Thank you for your excellent review my friend . yes our place so safe we have CCTV cameras in parking , lobby , reception , restaurant . My Mother cook food here , We love Bob Marley that's why we gave this name to my restaurant . we do free cooking classes in afternoon time free of cost . Most welcome for you .

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed for total of 2 nights. Located about 15mins walk to west gate of Taj Mahal but not a lot else in the area. Generally clean and friendly with great roof top area. Restaurant served good range of food and although Bob Marley themed the repetition of about 4 songs became very tiring. Unfortunately just after leaving we found one of our purses missing all its cash. Although we cannot prove that it was stolen from within the guest house, the only time that the bag was not with owner was when we were up in restaurant eating dinner. Advise you use your own padlock- unfortunately we were not given this same advice when we signed in.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
friendguesthouse, Owner at Friends Paying Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Greetings from Friends Guest House and Bob Marley Restaurant , Agra !

Thank you for your writing your review . Sorry to hear about you lost your bag outside .
Our Bob Marley Restaurant is very nice and cool . We play popular music of Bob Marley are - No Woman - No Cry , Redemption song , Three little birds , Get up Stand up , Is This Love etc.. But if you can tell us we can play other music too as per your interest .
Our place is very safe we have CCTV CAMERAS all over in building except rooms . when you told me that you lost your bag outside then we check all but we couldn't find anything . We are very sorry for inconvenience but it's your own responsibility to take care your things yourself . we can't follow your personal things . We always say to people take care your things and use your own padlock is better because when you travelling in India you met many many people so you have good and bad both kind of experience therefore some time you easily think that everything is negative in India but it's not .

My advise to every traveler and backpackers that take care your valuable , use your own padlock , use less cash money , don't show off your things any stranger, don't friendship over friendly people easily , don't drink alcohol on street etc..

Reviewed 5 January 2016

This is truly one of the best family guest houses we have stayed in!
Yusuf and his family were the best hosts, they catered for all our needs
and provided us with all the info we needed. About a 10min walk away from
the Taj Mahal, the food in their restaurant was amazing and lovely! Yusuf and
his family are a lovely bunch, its a great place to stay at a great rate too.
We met other travellers too and its a great hub for attracting all the seasonal travellers! A must stay for all!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple