All reviewsbudget hotelrose gardennice staybooked this hoteldecent hotelmain marketwalkable distancemarket areacharing crosshotel staffanilootylalreceptionistsignalhospitality
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is a good hotel in terms of hospitality and behaviour of stuffs. We (4 persons) stayed in the hotel for just one night. The hotel have to renovate a lot. Everything is old , specially toilets. I have no idea about the 1st floor but 2nd floor really needs renovation. The location is good and hot water was available in the morning. The hotel person informed us that the restaurent is close on that night because some big group has booked, so for other customers it is not opened. Dear sir, I believe all customers should get same treatement. After whole day travel we were tired and expected to have dinner in hotel itself.
I will not visit this hotel or recomend if it is not undergoing renovation soon. I am happy with the hotel stuffs, reasonable price and good location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sabyasachikazi
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear "sabyasachikazi"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us.

We are disappointed on the fact you were not fully satisfied during your stay with us.

I'm delighted to inform you that the first floor rooms are getting rave reviews and we look to follow the similar pattern to our 2nd and 3rd floors soon. But as we invest more into the property this would in turn raise the prices and for rates of below Rs.1000/ for a Budget Room majority of our guests term our existing rooms as True Value For Money.

As for Dinner not being available, I apologize for the same as our Kitchen was being utilized for a group and it was not possible to provide the normal menu as well as we had numerous people at the restaurant. We would only have not met your standards on the food that is why we could not have served up on that night.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to come experience the new rooms and give us your feedback on the same.

Our service staff would like to thank you for your appreciation towards service extended towards you.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

It was a nice stay. The room condition was not very satisfactory, but still, they provided whatever necessary. The hot water timing is a concern there, and the ventilation is also not much smooth. The main advantage is that the hotel is located very near to the rose garden. What I think is, this hotel had been renovated on an existing old structure. The service is a bit sluggish. If you want to explore Ooty and stay in a hotel where all the basics need to be there, go for it. But do not expect everything to be perfect there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wonderlust_121212

Dear "Wonderlust_121212"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us.

We have taken down the notes and as I have mentioned in previous responses we have renovated our first floor rooms.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

It is a nice place to stay in Ooty. Very economical and friendly staff.

They accept flexible check-in time: My booking was from 12 O'clock, but they allowed me to enter at 10.

Professional Behavior: When we entered the room, water was sipping from the bathroom roof. They immediately changed the room and given a new room to us.

Friendly staff: Staff was very cooperative.

Neat and Clean rooms: Room was very clean and bathroom was in very good shape though it is a very old Hotel.

Restaurant: Restaurant had a limited items to server and fixed timing (morning 7- 10:30 and evening 7:10:30), but whatever they provided was of good taste.

Near to heart of the city: A good thing was it is near to Charing Cross.

But beware of the site from where you booked the ticket: I booked my ticket through Make My Trip, which was the only mistake that I did in the trip. When I booked the ticket, my reservation was CONFIRM. But just before 12 hrs from the booked time they sent me a mail saying "you booking has been placed in WAIT-LIST. It was 12 O'clock in night that I got this mail and they never cooperated after that. I called the customer care ( Which is one of the dumbest customer care in this field). After so much scolding MakeMyTrip had confirmed my booking just 2hr prior of occupation.

Room Tip: They accept flexible check-in time,
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Navneet_kake
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear "Navneet_kake"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & helping other customers choose our property.

We Hope you have taken fond memories of Ooty with you.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

After reading many comments, I booked a deluxe room for July 14th with my wife. To my surprise, the room given to me was very cold, no ventillation, damp and untidy. I asked for clean bed sheet and they never bothered to provide. I do not know how other people gave nice feed back. For me, the stay was terrible, pathetic room condition, very slow service (staffs always looking for tips), expensive cab service (compared to Hotel Silver Oak, as I stayed there two nights), and worst food at expensive price! I would not recommend to anyone but you can have your stay on your own risk!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank senbros

Dear "senbros"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & giving feedback on our property.

We are extremely disappointed you were not satisfied during your stay with us.

I am still trying to find out which room you stayed in as we do not have and " Deluxe " rooms as mentioned in your review only " Budget" or "Superior ".

As June/July being the rainy season it is bound to be cold in Ooty & as budget hotel we try our best to provide extra blankets to combat the cold.

We have brought it to the notice off all the staff about the service deficiency you found and I assure you it has been taken care off and will be dealt inappropriately.

Once again an email from your end stating which room you stayed in will be helpful, if we do not receive the same all we will have to assume is this review was written in bad faith and has no intention of the real purpose of reviewing a hotel : To help us improve our service to serve better in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

we stayed for 2 nights. its a decent hotel with mannered hotel stuff. rooms and food service all were good. in budget getting all together is very good. when ever i called for room service, they made it ASAP.
its a good hotel withing budget very near by to Rose garden.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nilakash

Dear "nilakash"

We Hope you have taken fond memories of Ooty with you.