“Best hotel in the <1500 hotels”

FabHotel Khems Ooty
Reviewed 16 July 2012

It is a nice place to stay in Ooty. Very economical and friendly staff.

They accept flexible check-in time: My booking was from 12 O'clock, but they allowed me to enter at 10.

Professional Behavior: When we entered the room, water was sipping from the bathroom roof. They immediately changed the room and given a new room to us.

Friendly staff: Staff was very cooperative.

Neat and Clean rooms: Room was very clean and bathroom was in very good shape though it is a very old Hotel.

Restaurant: Restaurant had a limited items to server and fixed timing (morning 7- 10:30 and evening 7:10:30), but whatever they provided was of good taste.

Near to heart of the city: A good thing was it is near to Charing Cross.

But beware of the site from where you booked the ticket: I booked my ticket through Make My Trip, which was the only mistake that I did in the trip. When I booked the ticket, my reservation was CONFIRM. But just before 12 hrs from the booked time they sent me a mail saying "you booking has been placed in WAIT-LIST. It was 12 O'clock in night that I got this mail and they never cooperated after that. I called the customer care ( Which is one of the dumbest customer care in this field). After so much scolding MakeMyTrip had confirmed my booking just 2hr prior of occupation.

Room Tip: They accept flexible check-in time,
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Navneet_kake
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear "Navneet_kake"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & helping other customers choose our property.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

After reading many comments, I booked a deluxe room for July 14th with my wife. To my surprise, the room given to me was very cold, no ventillation, damp and untidy. I asked for clean bed sheet and they never bothered to provide. I do not know how other people gave nice feed back. For me, the stay was terrible, pathetic room condition, very slow service (staffs always looking for tips), expensive cab service (compared to Hotel Silver Oak, as I stayed there two nights), and worst food at expensive price! I would not recommend to anyone but you can have your stay on your own risk!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank senbros

Dear "senbros"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & giving feedback on our property.

We are extremely disappointed you were not satisfied during your stay with us.

I am still trying to find out which room you stayed in as we do not have and " Deluxe " rooms as mentioned in your review only " Budget" or "Superior ".

As June/July being the rainy season it is bound to be cold in Ooty & as budget hotel we try our best to provide extra blankets to combat the cold.

We have brought it to the notice off all the staff about the service deficiency you found and I assure you it has been taken care off and will be dealt inappropriately.

Once again an email from your end stating which room you stayed in will be helpful, if we do not receive the same all we will have to assume is this review was written in bad faith and has no intention of the real purpose of reviewing a hotel : To help us improve our service to serve better in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

we stayed for 2 nights. its a decent hotel with mannered hotel stuff. rooms and food service all were good. in budget getting all together is very good. when ever i called for room service, they made it ASAP.
its a good hotel withing budget very near by to Rose garden.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nilakash

Dear "nilakash"

Reviewed 22 May 2012

the hotel is good the food is good.the rooms are big and tidy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank N Mohan A
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear "N Mohan A"

What's mysterious with your review is you seem satisfied, however we have still been given an "Average" rating.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed for three days and its an excellent hotel ..friendly staff very helpful , neat and clean rooms. worth for money ..the best thing is it is very close to major tourist spots..if anyone wants to visit ooty i would prefer Hotel Khems is the right choice ..very affordable and value for money.. thank u very much Hotel Khems ..Shaik Iqbal Khaja.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple