All reviews budget hotel congested area rose garden room service sightseeing places sight seeing nice stay complimentary breakfast is booked this hotel decent hotel main market rooms are nice charing cross hotel staff sangeetha ooty lal
Reviewed 16 July 2012

After reading many comments, I booked a deluxe room for July 14th with my wife. To my surprise, the room given to me was very cold, no ventillation, damp and untidy. I asked for clean bed sheet and they never bothered to provide. I do not know how other people gave nice feed back. For me, the stay was terrible, pathetic room condition, very slow service (staffs always looking for tips), expensive cab service (compared to Hotel Silver Oak, as I stayed there two nights), and worst food at expensive price! I would not recommend to anyone but you can have your stay on your own risk!!!

Date of stay: July 2012
5  Thank senbros
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear "senbros"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & giving feedback on our property.

We are extremely disappointed you were not satisfied during your stay with us.

I am still trying to find out which room you stayed in as we do not have and " Deluxe " rooms as mentioned in your review only " Budget" or "Superior ".

As June/July being the rainy season it is bound to be cold in Ooty & as budget hotel we try our best to provide extra blankets to combat the cold.

We have brought it to the notice off all the staff about the service deficiency you found and I assure you it has been taken care off and will be dealt inappropriately.

Once again an email from your end stating which room you stayed in will be helpful, if we do not receive the same all we will have to assume is this review was written in bad faith and has no intention of the real purpose of reviewing a hotel : To help us improve our service to serve better in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

we stayed for 2 nights. its a decent hotel with mannered hotel stuff. rooms and food service all were good. in budget getting all together is very good. when ever i called for room service, they made it ASAP.
its a good hotel withing budget very near by to Rose garden.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank nilakash

Dear "nilakash"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & helping other customers choose our property.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

the hotel is good the food is good.the rooms are big and tidy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank NMohanA
Khems, Manager at FabHotel Khems Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear "N Mohan A"

What's mysterious with your review is you seem satisfied, however we have still been given an "Average" rating.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed for three days and its an excellent hotel ..friendly staff very helpful , neat and clean rooms. worth for money ..the best thing is it is very close to major tourist spots..if anyone wants to visit ooty i would prefer Hotel Khems is the right choice ..very affordable and value for money.. thank u very much Hotel Khems ..Shaik Iqbal Khaja.

2  Thank shaik_iqbal_khaja

Dear "shaik_iqbal_khaja"

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Good's:

1) Staff is very cooperative. Service is really good. All the time, Tea was served in 3-4 mins. At the time of check-in, I requested to clean the toilet once again, and they thoroughly cleaned it.

2) Location is a plus as it is very near to the market area. Many restaurants are near this place.

3) Not expensive. Correctly Priced.

4) Food was Good. We had south Indian breakfast ( Idli, sambar, Dosa), Tea, Soups. We liked the taste.

Bad's:

1) Old property, Not maintained properly. Paint chipping off the walls, Stained in many places, Stains in washbasins and toilet seats. Toilet Seat covers are of old plastic, bent and stained. Windows are very old and difficult to open, Curtains comes of the window if you pull to either side. Small but bothering things.

2) Parking space of 6 cars max. out of these 3 cars cannot be taken out unless corresponding cars in the outer lane are not moved. I also parked my park at the roadside, outside hotel.

3) Connected to the main road through a very narrow street. Most of the time it is blocked because of any big vehicle cloaked the path. You have to struggle to reach the hotel gate and park the car in a neat place. Street is not wide enough for a car to take U-Turn

4) The Don't have Electricty Generator. Problem during Blackouts.

Room tip: 1) Superior Rooms are spacious and well ventilated. 2) They don't serve Lunch. 3) Hot Water is available between 7-10 and after running tab for atleast 10 mins. 4) The Don't have Electricty Generator.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear "Rahulkodinya"

We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us.

We have taken down the notes and as I have mentioned in previous responses we have renovated our first floor rooms.

I'm delighted to inform you that the first floor rooms are getting rave reviews and we look to follow the similar pattern to our 2nd and 3rd floors soon.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to come experience the new rooms and give us your feedback on the same.

Our service staff would like to thank you for your appreciation towards service extended towards you.