1,268 results
All reviews small hill peacocks roaming hill overlooking taj group hill top beautiful peacocks main building entire city colonial style hill station beautiful property city view old world charm meenakshi temple executive room memorable stay swimming pool
Reviewed 12 December 2015

The staff were warm and friendly, the food was very good and reasonably priced, the breakfasts excellent. The views over the town were stunning. The gardens were quite extensive with peacocks, squirrels and other interesting wildlife. There was a staff member who led bird spotting walks in the early mornings and mid afternoon. The rooms were spacious, the bathrooms spotless and the WiFi free. We wished we were staying longer.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Indranil_Ray, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2015

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai!

Thank you for taking the time out and posting such a healthy review on TripAdvisor and top rating you have given us in categories.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. The spacious rooms, delicious food, WiFi, unique sights of peacocks in the hotel grounds and attentive service left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.I have shared your compliments with the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to your continued support.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai offers beautiful facilities and outstanding service. The rooms are beautiful and food is excellent. The spa provides wonderful offerings. I would highly recommend the Gateway Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai!

I would like to thank you for taking the time out and posting such a brilliant review on TripAdvisor and according top rating across all categories pertaining to your recent stay on your brief stopover at the temple city..

I was immensely delighted to peruse through your review that mentions that your stay and dining experience apart from your massage at the spa was as per your expectation. I have conveyed your compliments to our chef and the team at the Ayurvedic centre for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay truly memorable. Your note of appreciation would go a long way in motivating my associates and would further motivate them to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

I am grateful for your recommendation and do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to my hotel on your next trip to this ancient city.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Excellent rooms in the villa system. Views from all rooms are the best in Madurai. Service by all, from reception to housekeeping to the restaurant , as expected from the TAJ, is great. Pool s location and the view from there is the best.
The wildly roaming peacocks add to the back in time experience.

Room Tip: If with those with walking difficulties, please ask for rooms at reception level.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Warm greetings from The Gateway hotel Pasumalai Madurai!
At the very outset, may I thank you for patronizing my hill top retreat in course of your brief stopover at the temple city.
While perusing through your fantastic review on the trip advisor, I was immensely delighted to note that you had an exceedingly satisfying stay in the hotel and my team of associates were aboe to meet up with your expectations.
This hill top retreat actually dates back in time and the colonial grandeur of the architecture of the main hotel building, the majestic beauty of the peacocks that abound in plenty does actually recreate the glory and splendour of a bygone era.
I would like to thank you for your appreciative comments pertaining to the pool, the rooms, the warmth, courtesy, competency and efficiency of the housekeeping , reception and the food and beverage team and the overall facility of the hotel apart from your note of appreciation pertaining to the panoramic view of the city skyline that lights up in the evenings with the rays of the setting sun.
I would like to once again thank you for your brilliant feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to this temple city.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 9 December 2015

This is obviously and old house from the time of the Raj, it has the feel,of times gone by. The service is impeccable, being a Taj hotel. The food is also faultless, extremely tasty. The only downside is perhaps the distance from the restaurant to some rooms, up a long staircase or a steep slope. The rooms are extremely well appointed, good showers, all the necessary bits in them and more, huge rooms and good beds. No safe in rooms though. Situated not too far from town centre up a steep slope with wonderful views of Madurai in the distance from the restaurant's terrace. Peacocks roam the grounds.

Stayed: December 2015

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai!

At the very outset , may I please extend my heart felt gratitude and thanks from the entire team for your patronage of this property during your brief, overnight stay in the city of temples.
While perusing through your review I was delighted to note your very generous and appreciative comments pertaining to the stay experience, especially the grandeur of the colonial building that dates back to the days of the Raj and the glorious moments recreated through smart touch points that reflect the nobility of a bygone era . I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with our Chef and the housekeeping team.
I have also noted your observation pertaining to the safety lockers in the rooms and the numerous flight of stairs that lead to the room thus, inconveniencing senior citizens.

As you have correctly observed, I am indeed fortunate as my hotel is perched on a hill top and commands a superb location as its is in the lap of nature surrounded by lush, green gardens, and this is further accentuated by the majestic beauty of the peacocks that abound in plenty and the beautifully located dining restaurant that overlooks the city skyline.

I do appreciate your positive review on the trip advisor and do look forward to your continued patronage and support.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

I was stayed at The Gateway Hotel Madurai on November with my family for spending my 2 days vacation. It was an amazing experience I got from this property. The Rooms which they are allotted me was very comfortable as well as the resort was situated on a hill top surrounding with lots of plant's and tress, Itself we will get more privacy and relaxation. The restaurant staffs are serving their fabulous food with pleasant smiling face which we will get more tasty...... The welcome experience given by the reception lady at the time of my check in was fantastic. Room service, House keeping service, front office service, restaurant service was beyond the expectation. The special thanks I need to tell Mr. Vinpugal (The front office Manager), F& B Manager, Restaurant Manager, House Keeping Manager, Service staff and all House Keeping staffs. I am highly recommend all peoples to choose this property for your vacation with your family members..... Hope to visit again this property again at the earliest...... all the very best you guys....... Cheers.... Satheesh Mohan

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai!

At the very outset , may I please extend my heart felt gratitude and thanks from the entire team for your patronage of this property during your two days' brief stay in the city of temples.

While perusing through your review I was delighted to note your very generous and appreciative comments pertaining to the stay experience.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments on the superior quality of service, the warmth ,efficiency, courtesy and responsiveness of the associates who provided you with seamless and a satisfying stay experience

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the delectable meal spread handcrafted by our chefs and my kitchen brigade is extremely thrilled on hearing this from you.
I do appreciate your positive feedback pertaining to all our facilities and my team is absolutely thrilled on perusing through your personal note of appreciation and this has inspired them even more to ensure that we set exceptionally high service standards for our esteemed patrons and try to deliver one step beyond the expectations.

It is feedback like yours that motivates us to strive consistently for excellence.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to your continued support.
Kindest Regards