“useful for transit hotel”

Hotel Mangala International
Ranked #84 of 103 Hotels in Coimbatore
Reviewed 16 January 2011

24 hr checkout spacious clean rooms but unfortunately no hot water. The hotel was great but I would avoid the restaurant next door which even though we only had chicken and sweet corn soup and nann bread (an odd combination but all of our original choices were not available) was without doubt the worst meal I have had in any country. The table for four was set with four places unfortunately only one set of dirty cutlery was used to achieve this, the linen was dirty as were the glasses and we never did get our drinks. I had to enter the kitchen in order to get a bill and was then overcharged by 100%, I would like to say that the trouble was they were busy but there were only 3 people in including myself and my partner!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank EmilyStrange123

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Found the reviews for this hotel on tripadivsor and decided to give it a go. Have to say it was a good decision, friendly staff and a good room made my stay very pleasant.
Especially I loved their morning breakfast service and above all the room rates and food tariff was surprisingly affordable compared to the level of service I were getting.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank PraveenPrakash
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The rooms were clean, nice and comfortable. The food was nice with ok prices but the room service closed too early.
The location was great and the prices ok for the type of room.

But the real let down was the staff, as a woman they completely ignored me and served all the men first, then all the Indian women, then all the white men. Finally when no one else was left to talk to they had to deal with me, then they revealed how incompetent they where they new nothing about anything. The staff fits in on a quote from the book "Maximum City Bombay Lost & Found" which goes like this;
"THE COUNTRY OF THE NO
'Can I get a gas connection?'
'Can I get a phone?'
'No.'
'Can I get a school for my child?'
'I'm afraid it is not possible.'
'Have my parcels arrived from America?'
'I don't know.'
'Can you find out?'
'No.'
'Can I get a railway reservation?'
'No.' "

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank 1_Frog
Reviewed 7 May 2010

1)The hotel is at walking distance from Bus stand.So obviously it is not at a good location.Its in the interior. Didnt like it much.2) Room was also OK. 1500 for double room non ac.If you compare with Ginger mysore hotel then u get much better AC room for 1350. So i will say its not worth for the value.3)Free morning breakfast.I liked it.4) service was good. 5) Reception desk was also great at service. 5 ) If you dont get a room in City tower or any other which u have selected then u can think abt Mangala International.... 6) One Chinese hotel is near hotel city tower. Thank god we found it else it was difficult for us to have nice food for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TCSITphotographer
Reviewed 30 March 2010

it's located very near to the gandhipuram(Coimbatore central) bus stand.just a few minutes walk.they provide complimentary breakfast,it tastes ok..rooms are not bad.not much clean.but the tariff is very less.it worth that

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends