“A really good option”

Ranked #75 of 157 Hotels in Udaipur
Noida
“A really good option”
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Sometimes I wonder, how much we should trust the reviews that we find on internet. I was really liking the website of this property, but quite worried while booking due to the reviews I read. I then called them up & got into detailed discussion with the manager of this property & he sounded quite confident & also claimed he knows about such reviews. Although I was with my family incl. elders & kids, & knew if I get them at a wrong & dirty place, I will be killed, however somehow took a decision to finally book this place. AND I must say I didn't feel sorry - all of us enjoyed.

Yes this place is away from Udaipur & is suited only if you have your own vehicle, but then is at a nice lonely location. The only way to prove my statement is to actualy add the photos clicked by me. Go thru them....I have travelled so much due to my nature of business & interest that I know what standards to expect from hotels & hence its normally inot so easy to please me. The things I particularly liked here , was the location, quiteness, Views, cleanliness & facilities. All rooms had DTH with LCD & split AC. Room had nice flooring & furnitured clean furnishings etc. What I didnt like was - food was just managable, had to walk a lot to reach room as food was served only dining room (but that is a problem with elders only), a-la-cart is available but limited & the service was too slow & confused. One important thing - It was claimed that all the food items served in their kitchen was organic & grown locally in the resort & we could see the farm. Interestingly while discussing these matters I discovered that the manager I was talking to was actually the owner - Mr. Tushar & he himself managed the property & lived in the campus at a different location. Wonder!!!! Rich & lucky!!! But he will appear down to earth & trying his best to help.

The cultural pgm they arrange in the evening was nothing great - just avarage, as I saw them much better at many other locations in Rajasthan. They too have a disco & DJ.

However overall I would give thumbs-up & would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank rshekhar007
PurpleSeas, Manager at Heritage Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
We are glad inform that Purple Seas Hospitality Group has taken over Heritage Resort on Nov 01, 2014. As a result, we have further leveled up the services, food and other amenities.

We would be glad to have a chance to host you again at Purple Seas Heritage Resort.

Anoop Agarwal
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
SF, CA
Reviewed 22 January 2007

The rooms were cold and haven't been updated since the begining of time. Also, well outside of Udaipur. You can do much better than this.

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — dingy and run down
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gumonmyshoe
PurpleSeas, Manager at Heritage Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
We are glad inform that Purple Seas Hospitality Group has taken over Heritage Resort on Nov 01, 2014. As a result, we have leveled up the services, food and other amenities.

Anoop Agarwal
Resort Manager
Travellers also viewed these Udaipur hotels
16.2 km away
7.2 km away
The Castle Mewar
The Castle Mewar
#102 of 157 in Udaipur

Been to Heritage Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Heritage Resort

Property: Heritage Resort
Address: Eklingji | Lake Bagela, Nagda, Eklingji, Udaipur 313202, India (Formerly Purple Seas Heritage Resort)
Region: India > Rajasthan > Udaipur District > Udaipur
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#7 Top resorts Hotel in Udaipur
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): €
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Heritage Resort 3.5*
Heritage Resort is a nature lover's delight, promoted by Purple Seas. Our first priority is to preserve the surroundings in their present pristine form. Vegetables and fruits being used in kitchen are grown in our own farms, devoid of any chemical, fertilizers, insecticide and pesticides. Thus the concept of green food has been introduced. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Heritage Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Heritage Hotel Udaipur