I had been wanting to stay at the TAJ LAKE PALACE for around 15 years before I actually got to go this past January. For many years I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, saw as many pictures as I could and thought about going. When I finally arrived at the airport in Udaipur there was someone waiting for me there to take me to one of the Palace's vintage cars. From that point on to the next 29 hours and 30 minutes I lived a fairy tale. I arrived at 7 am and they offered me a hotel room to rest before I could go to my room which was upgraded and had a beautiful Lake view.
Everything about this hotel is spectacular. And everything surpassed my expectations -- even the way the hotel looks. You don't know what an attentive staff is before you go there! Trust me! They take care of every detail. It never took any of the hotel staff members more than 30 seconds to get back to me on a question. And they seemed to know all my preferences as soon as I entered the door the very first second. The hotel will definitely give you lots of "eye candy". All guests go crazy and can never stop taking pictures.
They also have very good live entertainment at the hotel: a flute player, a Rajasthani puppet theater show, a cultural walk of the palace and an evening show with an amazing dancer.
If you are staying for a short amount of time, just skip Udaipur and focus on the hotel. Also, enjoy the Jiva Spa. I had one of the signature treatments which was very good. I promise you it will be hard to want to stay anywhere else after this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace