All reviews sunset view place to stay rooftop restaurant my home away from home nice lake view solo female city palace owner mr beautiful udaipur rooms are clean and comfortable chai budget hotel hotel owner second home window seat walking distance hot water
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We had booked a room for a family of three and we were offered a room, but it had some problems with the toilet. The manager kindly offered us the use of an additional room and essentially we had two rooms for the price of one. The rooftop terrace restaurant is good and we had dinner once and breakfast on two occasions. The manager arranged for a day tour with Ride and Relax Tours which was also excellent. The hotel has an excellent location right by the lake, and one could walk over the footbridge and enjoy the stunning beauty of Udaipur. A very pleasurable experience. However, one must be fit to stay here because the rooms are typically on higher floors and the step sizes are very large.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Rahil and his staff are grewt host, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the wifi is fast, hot water in the shower, nice rooftop restaurant, great location! Basically every thing you need :) thank you for great time!

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Rahil the owner is the nicest guy ever. Enjoyed the stay and the view from the rooftop is nice. Good room for the price. It's well located close from organic restaurants and the ferry port. Good wifi. Recommended!!

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Good situated hotel with clean room, very nice Rooftop Restaurant with lake view, good food and very friendly staff. Rahil, the owner, is a friendly and cheerful guy, I felt always comfortable in his presence.
Unfortunately, a very strange story degraded my positive experience: I accepted Rahil's friendly offer to organise the sending of a big parcel to my hometown. He did some kind of calculation I couldn't follow to get the price and I paid him cash around $ 180, without any receipt nor confirmation. He promised to send me the confirmation of DHL the next day, because it was my last day in Udaipur. As I didn't get the confirmation the next day, I wrote and called him several times and he had always some excuses and told me, he would send me the confirmation within the next hours. But nothing happened. One day later, he didn't answer my calls and messages anymore. I found out by myself, that the sending hadn't be done by DHL but by Indian Post, because DHL doesn't accept certain items (metal, spices) in the parcel. The price difference is about $ 100 to what I paid to Rahil!!! I couldn't imagine that he wanted to cheat me - and I still can't -, so I wrote him again to give him the chance for an explenation and clarification and a proposal for solution. Silence. No message, no call, nothing.
Conclusion: Go to Nayee Haveli and have a good time on a nice place with friendly people, but be careful with paying any services which you can't follow or compare to others. Same thing for the tailor shop of Rahil's cousin: very friendly staff, good quality (it seems), but compare the prices with other tailors, there are many in Udaipur.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The room we got in the beginning was terrible and without daylight but for 500 INR/9 Euros per night extra we received a very nice room with lake view. The view from the terrace is spectacular and the owner is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is within walking distance from the city palace. The wifi works so lálá. Around the corner you find an organic Café and a nice yoga class.