All reviews tiger safari swimming pool rooms are clean decent hotel lovely pool tasty food india park canter blankets fort zone guide seats animals
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Being in India for the past 3 weeks, it is the first time that I don't give a 5 star review. The tiger safari resort is a decent hotel (a bit expensive for what you get, compare to Rajasthan other places we have been).

The hotel, though, has a pool. Rooms are pretty clean, but they are surely spartiat and aged.

The think we disliked about Tiger Safari Resort was the unfriendly staff. We didn't felt welcomed at all in this place, and for this reason I would't recommend it to anybody. You will certainly find a place with more friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vinyle M
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Good value, clean rooms nice food & small pool on the premises. Staff were very helpful in booking Safari(s).
Only gripe would be a lack of hot water & a bathroom that resembled a mangrove swamp after using the shower, could have done with a squigee to help the water to the drain at the least.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I was concerned about my stay but pleasantly surprised. Hotels In the area are very expensive so this is a great budget choice. The bed is the most comfortable I've had in India so far, wifi is ok too. The breakfast is big and decent standard.

The pool is ice cold however you can walk to the hotel next door and use their pool (we were never asked any questions)

Only downside is the staff are very rude and unfriendly but you won't spend that much time in the hotel so not too much of a worry.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Taking a break from a 4 week Golden Triangle trip, we decided to stop off in Sawai Madhopur for a couple of nights (trip broken between Jaipur and Agra) to take in a half-day tiger safari. Having been warned that agents and hotels took a big wedge for booking the safari we booked directly with the Reserve office; a walk of about 1 km from the centre of Sawai Madhopur. The purpose of the safari was not necessarily to see any tigers although doing so would have been the icing on the cake. We wanted to glimpse the wildlife of Northern India. In both cases we were disappointed. No siting of any tigers...but there again no one else had reported seeing any for the previous few days. The worse thing about the 3 hours was seeing no wildlife other than a few deer. This is NOT a safari and shouldn't be confused with those of Kenya etc. It's 3 hours being driven around in a jeep in the dust and heat. Had our 4 week trip to India been only 2 weeks then we'd have felt very hard done by in putting aside 3 days for this excursion. As it was we put it down to experience and we'll learn from it for future trips abroad. Our advice to you...if your time is short in India...give this one a miss. There are far better sites to see on limited time. Also...Sawai Madhopur is a bit of a dump, and I mean that with all due respect. Aside of a couple of attractions (the "safari" being one of them), there is very little to do or see. Talking to others we felt we had to agree with the majority that there had been too much "hype" about this attraction. Please be warned!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 10 March 2017

First, the bad: I had a heck of a time with setting up my safari. I emailed them, got one email back. Tried again and again. Never got another email. Called them and spoke to a guy who spoke little English and insisted that I can book as soon as I show up. A couple days before my arrival, I just wanted to make sure of that. I had an India friend call them for me and now they claimed I should have booked 90 days ago and instead of charging 2500 INR as listed in the email, they wanted 3000 INR. They had also claimed that they had terrible internet or that it had been down. Found out when I got there they had amazingly fast internet. Also odd, when I was sitting in the lobby after arriving, someone else just walked up and booked it on the spot when they just told my friend on the phone that I should have booked 90 days before. Another odd thing, when I returned from safari they said that I should have been out by 10 but that they would be nice and allow me to stay until noon. My check out time according to my papers was supposed to be noon.
ANYWAY, besides all that. The room was fairly clean, though my feet got dirty quickly, it seems the top blanket isn't cleaned often and there is no flat sheet, and there were a few hairs in my shower. The pool looked inviting but I didn't try it out. When I went in the restaurant while it was supposed to be open, no one came. 30 minutes after it was supposed to be open, I went and asked staff where the employees were and finally had my order taken. It tasted good, I had a chicken and cheese sandwich. The room was pretty spacious. The air conditioner actually worked properly which is rare in India.
My safari (which I did pay 2500 INR for) was great, but you don't know what you are getting when you pay. You have no idea what zone you are going to or if the guides are going to be any good. My guide and driver were awesome. We seen a leopard which is a rare spotting and a female tiger as well as many deer, crocodiles, owls, ect. However, another guy on my safari said it was his 12th safari and the first one he had seen a tiger on.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo