“Not worth the money, family doesn't know how to be hospitable”
Review of Veggi Guest House

Veggi Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jodhpur
Veggi Guest House
Ranked #116 of 196 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We arrived late in the night, maybe around 11pm-ish, we took one of their top rooms which they discounted for 500 rupees. The blanket smelled like vomit, I couldn't find anyone in the house to have it replaced so the first night we barely slep due to the cold weather. The room has a draft of cold air, it's really unpleasant, especially she. You've travelled far. The next morning, we still couldn't find anyone, we left for the day and upon returning in the evening someone was finally there. I told them about the blanket, she said 'oh we didnt know'...um, isnt it your job to provide a clean place, isnt that what we're paying for? I asked if we can move to the cheaper room which seemed to be less drafty on the main floor, 400 rupees. The next morning, there was no hot water, my friend went to find someone in the house but no one to be found, this is prob around 8am. We were due to check out and no one was in iChat, we could've left without paying, they hadn't even checked our passports. After a while, someone did appear and I told her that there was no hot water; she said you should've told me, I was right here. This place is full of excuses.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the top floor in the winter, they are drafty and not comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here as we arrived in Jodhpur a day earlier than planned so our booked hostel Singhvi's Haveli could not accommodate us for the extra night - this place was just next door.
Given the state of the room it was overpriced at 800 INR for a double with child-sized beds that even my feet stuck out of (I'm 5ft 4 / ), little bedlinen (basic undersheet and a blanket that did not cover the bed - we had to repeatedly ask for another - and no towels) and peeling paint on the walls. Vile bathroom and cupboards full of junk. The rooms are around a courtyard onto which the family rooms also face so small children yelling/crying at night and early in the morning didn't make for a good night's sleep, neither did the paper thing walls as we could hear other guests coughing, vomiting and everything else. Nice. At check in they did not tell us that the power would go off from 9am so no warm water or light in the morning for us - we got out and checked into our room at the hotel next door ASAP.

Room Tip: Probably higher is better although the stairs aren't that easy to navigate with bags. Ask to see...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2010

In October 2010 I spend two nights in the Veggi Guest House. Although stayed 3 months in India this was probably the most friendly and helpful family I met while my trip through India. The Guest House manager speaks perfect english ( not self-evident in India;-))
The houserestaurant with delicious vegetarian food completes the comfortable atmosphere.
They offer rooms in every level of price.

By the way, it is situated only a few minutes walk next to Mehrangarh Fort (place of interest)

So i can recommend the Veggi Guest House!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Date of stay: November 2, 2010

Being a solo traveller, I reached Jodhpur on November 2, 2010 early in the morning. The owner of the hotel came to receive me from the railway station, a real surprise to me. I reached Kolkata by flight on October 29, 2010, and the hotel that I booked assured me of a pick up service from the airport. But I waited for two and a half hour for a person to show up, who never did! So this was really a pleasant thing to see the owner early in the morning as the pick-up person, and it was free-of-cost.

The guest house is placed in the heart of the Jodhpur city. For a budget person like me who often travels and stays in such places, it was really a surprise to find a reasonably clean room, with enough pillows to find myself comfortable in bed for a good sleep. The owner seemed very much hospitable and well-worded. He was polite enough to share his lunch with me, and showed around the city with some of his friends. Later, I had Rajasthani food as dinner in his place. Regarding the places to visit to, the Mehrangarh fort is a 10-minute walk from the guest house.

The internet facility is also available in the guest house. So, if anybody wants to get in touch with the virtual world, the manager of the guest house is more than cooperative to show how to avail it.

So, I can easily say this much, if one looks for a budget place to stay in, Veggi guest house is an ideal one in Jodhpur.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2010

alongwith my husband and two kids went to Jodhpur in Dec 2009 and stayed at Veggi Guest House. Now I regret this decision. They have very small rooms and you have to climb many stairs to reach any room. It is situated amidst very crowded and noisy lane. So forget about sound sleep. Everytime you step out of the Guest House you have to be careful about not landing in cowdung on the lanes. Car cannot reach this guest house. You have to walk or take an autorickshaw. Food is very costly. A small cup of tea costs Rs.20 and Rs.30 for one small glass of milk. When we reached there at night, we had to change the bedsheets ourselves as the bedsheet and towels were very dirty. We asked for fresh bedsheets which they provided but we have to change them ourselves. There was no paper roll or flush system in the toilet. They told us to use bucket for flushing. They offered to arrange a taxi for Mandore Garden and Osiyan temple for Rs.1200 but no taxi arrived till 2 pm. Finally we arranged a taxi ourselves in Rs.1000 but we have to miss Mandore Garden although it was enroute as we were very late. It was our worst travelling experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family