“Grubby, and not very straightforward management.”
Review of Veggi Guest House

Veggi Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jodhpur
Veggi Guest House
Ranked #112 of 190 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Barcelona
“Grubby, and not very straightforward management.”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here as we arrived in Jodhpur a day earlier than planned so our booked hostel Singhvi's Haveli could not accommodate us for the extra night - this place was just next door.
Given the state of the room it was overpriced at 800 INR for a double with child-sized beds that even my feet stuck out of (I'm 5ft 4 / ), little bedlinen (basic undersheet and a blanket that did not cover the bed - we had to repeatedly ask for another - and no towels) and peeling paint on the walls. Vile bathroom and cupboards full of junk. The rooms are around a courtyard onto which the family rooms also face so small children yelling/crying at night and early in the morning didn't make for a good night's sleep, neither did the paper thing walls as we could hear other guests coughing, vomiting and everything else. Nice. At check in they did not tell us that the power would go off from 9am so no warm water or light in the morning for us - we got out and checked into our room at the hotel next door ASAP.

Room Tip: Probably higher is better although the stairs aren't that easy to navigate with bags. Ask to see...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Oettingen in Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 12 December 2010

In October 2010 I spend two nights in the Veggi Guest House. Although stayed 3 months in India this was probably the most friendly and helpful family I met while my trip through India. The Guest House manager speaks perfect english ( not self-evident in India;-))
The houserestaurant with delicious vegetarian food completes the comfortable atmosphere.
They offer rooms in every level of price.

By the way, it is situated only a few minutes walk next to Mehrangarh Fort (place of interest)

So i can recommend the Veggi Guest House!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Date of stay: November 2, 2010

Being a solo traveller, I reached Jodhpur on November 2, 2010 early in the morning. The owner of the hotel came to receive me from the railway station, a real surprise to me. I reached Kolkata by flight on October 29, 2010, and the hotel that I booked assured me of a pick up service from the airport. But I waited for two and a half hour for a person to show up, who never did! So this was really a pleasant thing to see the owner early in the morning as the pick-up person, and it was free-of-cost.

The guest house is placed in the heart of the Jodhpur city. For a budget person like me who often travels and stays in such places, it was really a surprise to find a reasonably clean room, with enough pillows to find myself comfortable in bed for a good sleep. The owner seemed very much hospitable and well-worded. He was polite enough to share his lunch with me, and showed around the city with some of his friends. Later, I had Rajasthani food as dinner in his place. Regarding the places to visit to, the Mehrangarh fort is a 10-minute walk from the guest house.

The internet facility is also available in the guest house. So, if anybody wants to get in touch with the virtual world, the manager of the guest house is more than cooperative to show how to avail it.

So, I can easily say this much, if one looks for a budget place to stay in, Veggi guest house is an ideal one in Jodhpur.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 June 2010

alongwith my husband and two kids went to Jodhpur in Dec 2009 and stayed at Veggi Guest House. Now I regret this decision. They have very small rooms and you have to climb many stairs to reach any room. It is situated amidst very crowded and noisy lane. So forget about sound sleep. Everytime you step out of the Guest House you have to be careful about not landing in cowdung on the lanes. Car cannot reach this guest house. You have to walk or take an autorickshaw. Food is very costly. A small cup of tea costs Rs.20 and Rs.30 for one small glass of milk. When we reached there at night, we had to change the bedsheets ourselves as the bedsheet and towels were very dirty. We asked for fresh bedsheets which they provided but we have to change them ourselves. There was no paper roll or flush system in the toilet. They told us to use bucket for flushing. They offered to arrange a taxi for Mandore Garden and Osiyan temple for Rs.1200 but no taxi arrived till 2 pm. Finally we arranged a taxi ourselves in Rs.1000 but we have to miss Mandore Garden although it was enroute as we were very late. It was our worst travelling experience.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Shalu_10

Travellers are raving about these Jodhpur hotels

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We spent a day and a half in Veggi Guest House. The owner puts up a very pleasant appearance, and is (in an out of the way manner) friendly with the guests. However, you will get a rude shock when you get the final bill! In our case, we had booked rooms for a day, and had planned to check out the second day and keep our luggage with the owner, which he had agreed to. Once we arrived, he suggested that we keep our luggage in one of our rooms, instead of with him, the second day. Naturally, we thought we didn't have to pay for the room on the second day. But we got a rude shock when he charged us for the second day as well for that room! Also, we had ordered a "butter roti", which was just Rs 9. The owners suggested that they replace the butter roti with butter paratha, which was the same thing. We agreed, but in the final bill, they charged us Rs 45 instead of Rs 9 per paratha! Even the room given to us was horrible- it had cement walls without plaster and the bed was getting covered by a layer of cement dust in a matter of minutes. So, this place has very low ethical standards, and you would do well to avoid staying here!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family