Hotel Nachana Haveli
Hotel Shahi Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$7
US$6
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lalgarh Fort And Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$18
Priceline
Hotel Victoria(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$16
  • Restaurant
US$51
  • Breakfast included
Gajanand Guest House(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
The Secret House(Jaisalmer)
  • Breakfast included
The Gulaal(Jaisalmer)
Suryagarh(Jaisalmer)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscanopied bedrooftop restaurantroyal residenceinside the city wallsquaint hotelamazing buildingilluminated fortcity palaceinner courtyardthe ground floorantique furniturelal maassmall windowold palacelocal musiciansheritage propertybeautiful place to stay
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

This is my 18th visit to India, at least my 9th to Rajasthan, my 5th to Jaisalmer, and my 3rd stay at Nachana Haveli. I love this place so much, I've actually copied some of their decor in my house in California! My sister and I took a suite for several days for the Desert Festival, and since this was her first visit to India, I wanted an atmospheric and historic, yet comfortable, place to call home for a few days. I booked us in several months ahead, as I'd learned my lesson several years ago when I didn't book soon enough for the Desert Festival, and had had to make do elsewhere. The staff are wonderfully attentive and helpful, and the food in Saffron, the rooftop restaurant where you can dine under the stars and the looming presence of the illuminated fort, is worth the visit even for non-guests! My sister LOVED it, and said she'd enjoy staying there just to relax and decompress after several hard days' touring around. Great location; you can walk to anything, ATMs nearby, interesting little shops and streets to explore just outside the gate. I'll DEFINITELY stay here anytime I'm in Jaisalmer, and I heartily recommend it to those who want to stay like royalty, but spend reasonably.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
vikramjaisalmer, Manager at Hotel Nachana Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

It is our pleasure to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are indeed delighted to know that the food & services / quality of room were up to your expectations. It is comments and constructive feedbacks such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

It is heartening to know that you had a good time here and our specialized services and facilities exceeded your expectations
The hotel has a rich selection of restaurants to choose from including the most popular
Thank you for making us your hospitality partner. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
Aasu Singh

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

* very helpful & courteous staff
* amazing ambience and top class food quality.
* the feeling inside the haveli takes one back in time and give the essence of royalty and hospitality of the gone past era.
* highly recommended for peaceful candle light authentic Rajasthani food to make one's trip count.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2017

The hotel is in a beautiful 300 years old haveli in the centre of Jaisalmer. Nachana Haveli will make you feel like you are traveling back in history, with live local music and a beautiful view of the fort and Palace from the roof top. I had the chance to interact with the owners, who were very warm, ensured my stay was pleasant and had wonderful stories about Jaisalmer and life in the royal family in the previous centuries. My room was very spacious and comfortable. It opened on a beautiful courtyard with a fountain. Another highlight is the roof top restaurant, the food and atmosphere is great there. Perfect place to stay to really have a feel of Jaisalmer.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank f0wer-p0weer
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Living in royal style and also at a good value for money. Well appointed rooms, nice food, beautifully decorated corridors and courtyards even a Jhula (kind of hammock, in typical Indian style) in the room. I have nothing but praises for this property. Only negative was the road noise filtering in quite loud inside the room, may not be applicable to all the rooms though. Don't get disheartened by the leading roads to the property; once inside, the world changes for a pretty surprise.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank suprakash
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Like many people, I read the reviews and thought this would be a great hotel to stay at -- full of charm and history.

Unfortunately, upon arising in the morning, there was no hot water. Any water that was available had very poor pressure. I could deal with that if there was someone around to fix it.

However, walking around the Haveli, I could find NO STAFF to assist. In fact, only until after 8 am did I find someone and that person was less than helpful (though sympathetic). Btw- the phone in my room also did not work.

Apparently, they use some solar system to attempt to heat the water. Maybe hot water is available in the summer and not the winter ?

Breakfast was basic but tasty.

The place is noisy but to be expected considering it's in the main shopping area / market.

They charge 1500 rs for extra person though the website says 1000 but that's outdated.

Hotel is charming and it's cool to stay in a old Haveli full of history. However, it doesn't justify the shortcomings that any basic hotel would have.

There are other hotels that are nicer for the same price -- I had to shift to the other one.

I'm giving it 2 stars (as opposed to 1 star) mainly as the booking agent/ hotel was able to cancel my second night after this fiasco.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family