All reviews italian food italian lady rooftop restaurant jaisalmer fort the owner great view staff went out of their way tea coffee make you feel at home home away from home rooms are spacious beautiful hotel stayed longer an oasis these guys train station chai
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I stayed here with my family in Nov 2017, as part of my second trip to jaiselmer in 2017. We were so delighted with the rooms and the restaurant. the service was outstanding. the rooms facing the fort with a view of it are smaller but the rooms opposite to it which dont have a view are massive and impressive. the entire property is very tastefully done up and we were extremely pleased that the property is pet friendly ( and claims to be LGBTQ friendly as well!). the staff went out of their way to make our family holiday here a memorable affair. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: rooms with fort view are smaller while the ones with no view as such are bigger but more charming in my opinion.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gaurav G
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Although I didn’t have a room that evening, since my train was at midnight, hotel management went above and beyond to show me to their hotel lounge. They told me I could spend the day/evening in the lounge and use WiFi while I wait for my train. 10/10 service. They even took my bags into their storage while I was site seeing. They didn’t ask for any money and was all out of genuine hospitality. I also had lunch there and it was delicious!

Very friendly and kind!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Thumbs up to Federica n the 1st Gate! This is what a boutique hotel should be. Great locations, great rooms, great restaurant on the rooftop overlooking the fort (I am still dreaming the pizza bruschetta after 10 days of pure Indian food!).
The minus:
- bit on the expensive side (for India)
- the desert sunset trip is nothing that special, we went to Khuri as recommended by the Hotel for being less crowded n more authentic. Still was very crowded n we saw little of the village people life. Also the road there is a one lane with traffic in both directions making it a pretty awful 45min drive. On the other side, the hotel organized us a transfer to Udaipur which was perfect! Very professional.
Would come back any day!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Spacious, impressive rooms, perfectly clean and in the middle of the town. This awesome place is one of the best places I know in India. It's always a good feeling to come again. Thanks for the great time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely stay at 1st gate. This hotel has all the charm and personality of a small haveli, but the level of service and attention to detail that you would enjoy in a top class corporate chain. A real home from home where we felt nothing was too much trouble. Thank you

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple