See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate nights in Dec 2012 occupying different burj rooms each time. I believe that the general popularity of Jaisalmer makes some hotels a little complacent in their approach to hospitality and the Himmatgarh is also affected by this.

The rooms were OK and slightly quirky in design. The double bed was quite small and a little uncomfortable. It certainly requires extra blankets (supplied without any problems) in winter. The bathrooms were a little tired and slightly grubby in places. The showers were not always warm depending upon how many had been showering earlier I guess.

The restaurant was OK with a reasonable selection but the food was fairly bland considering what is available in Jaisalmer town itself. Unfortunately there were no other places close by to eat in so you need to either use a car or eat in the hotel. Breakfast was also fine with erratic but willing service.

There are very nice views from the terrace and the pool might be enticing in warmer weather. There is a gift shop which had clearly been closed for many months despite still having plenty of dust-covered stock inside; a little like the Marie Celeste in fact.

The overall impression was of a fairly run-down establishment which just a little effort might improve considerably. If necessary I would stay here again but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Burj rooms are said to be better.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alf
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel in November 2011. It was supposed to be an "upgraded" hotel from the usual standard hotels I had been staying in during my trip to Rajasthan. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I was given a room in the detached turret-like rooms near the swimming pool. The first night I had a room that had all these small bugs crawling all over the bathroom wall. The bathroom itself had fixtures that were green and scummy. Even the bucket that is usually found in Indian bathrooms was stained and dirty (how expensive can a new bucket and cup be?). I slept with the lights on because I was creeped out by the insects. The next day I wanted to leave the hotel ( I was booked for 3 nights) but thought I should give them a chance first. I spoke to the manager who immediately agreed to give me a new room. I saw the new room in the morning and was able to move my things before I headed out for sightseeing. The new room was an improvement and I did not see any bugs (at that time!)

I was out the entire day and only returned after dark. As I was getting ready for bed I had to kill four bugs that were pretty large--and these were crawling across the beds! I slept poorly, again with the lights on. I left the next day. The manager again offered to move me but I had had enough.

The standard hotels that I stayed at were spotlessly clean and I had no issues with the bathroom conditions or insects. It is shameful that this hotel had both since it was more expensive. This hotel should be avoided until it is given a big makeover.

There were other inconveniences--the internet was down. The manager kindly offered his computer which I used but since I knew it was his work computer I used it only quickly and felt like I was inconveniencing him.

The only plus was the staff, I found them very helpful and approachable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Its in a decent location and the bhuj rooms are excellent to stay in. But the staff, particularly the supervisors at dining and reception are not courteous and seem to have a bad attitude toward guests.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rkdu
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We 3 couples stayed at this hotel from 29th& 30th Oct. 2011 & we were alloted room no 101, 102 & 103. The A.C. in room no 102 was not working & so room no 114 was alloted in place of 102. I was in room no 103 where the remote control of the A.C.( hanging on the A.C.with a cable ) was not working so I could not turn it OFF or or ON nor could I change the temp. Every time when I had to ON or OFF the A.C I had to go down to the reception ( as intercom was not working ). Finally I get it switched it off.

Room Tip: The burge room is opposite to swimming pool but are smaller.I think the burge room is better. The deluxe room is on the lower floor but may be bigger.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kiritsmta
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Its on the outskirts of the town Jaisalamer. The hotel is located in a huge area.

We stayed for 3 nights @ Burj Towers.

The rooms were clean. Since 4 of us were traveling, we had taken 2 rooms. Water was leaking from the AC in one of the rooms. It was not rectified during our stay.

The rooms were circular & the placements of furniture gave a clustered feeling. The bathroom with the shower curtains is really small. Its ideally suited for people who are small built.

The hotel was not that full and one part of the hotel was under renovation.

Our rooms opened out to the star shaped pool. Sitting by the poolside during the evenings was enjoyable. One could see the sunset also.

Breakfast on the house was good. The service at the Restaurant is slightly slow.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family