See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2015 via mobile

The hotel seems good in looks. Spacious rooms. Other amenities are also present. But actually the property is out of maintenance. You will find many of the fixtures are loosen or not in place. Staffs are lesser than required.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Bijoyaditya
Reviewed 4 January 2015

We visited this place in December during the peak Christmas season. We were 2 families and had 2 rooms. I had read most reviews on trip-advisor but still had to pick this as I had not other option during the peak season with the number of room requirements we had . While I see a lot of emotions about this place which are perhaps all correct, let me focus on the facts only.

Pros:
1. Invested a lot in the infrastructure
2. Large Hotel and decent rooms with Samsung Bravia LCD's, mini-fridge, and other electronic equipment
3. Touch button controls for tv/lights/do not disturb indicators etc - Seen only in good hotels
4. Wash-rooms decently equipped
Unfortunately, the pro's end here

Cons:
1. Near Zero Maintenance case for such a large hotel.
2. Bedsheets/linen/towels/rooms not clean. Spots everywhere. Connection electrical wires showing up around. Stains in a lavish room surprise you
3. Basic promised amenities missing (coffee maker, cups, tea bags) - When inquired they said, 'oops' we forgot. But then we never got them
4. Food is average - South Indian dishes very good but gave pathetic custard as a sweet dish and few other dishes were very bad
5. Service Pathetic - At the Dining area always continued frenzy due to lack of enough cups, plates, spoons, food outage. Dining was always a chaotic experience. People hoarding food items due to anticipated delays in refilling.
6. Value of Money - Pathetic, At INR 475/- + Taxes you get a 'Paneer Pasanda' dish that can barely serve 2 people. Similarly the quality and quantity of dishes is below average. As a family you may spend almost the same amount (INR 4000/-to INR 5000/-) as your room tariff on your daily 3 time meals itself.
7. Front Desk staff - We found a lady running around to fill food bowls for breakfast in the morning standing at the front desk wearing business formals in the afternoon. Multiple people can be seen doing different kinds of jobs at different times of the day
8. Bookings - They are very confused. We had an issue and heard issues from others as well. They always tell stories around getting some last minute bookings from head office in Mumbai which conflicts with local bookings etc and asking you to switch/shift rooms or wait a little before checking-in.

What kept me puzzled was the thought that, how could one spend so much in the infrastructure and not spend a little in maintenance.

So, with such poor ratings how does this hotel run and earn ?
As I found out, this has tie-ups with several tour operators and we had several buses filled with tourists from Gujarat and other places pouring in loads of unsuspecting tourists, who do not seem to have a lot of choice.

Room tip: Avoid if you can !!!!
10  Thank BalajiK_Travel
Reviewed 1 January 2015

We had a reservation in this Hotel 3 Palms Jaisal Vilas in the month of October 2014. I altogether booked 2 Rooms at this Hotel. Check-In Was on 5th Oct 2014 and Check-out was on 8th Oct 2014. I paid Rs 12,150 as deposit on 21st Of Sept to confirm the booking at this Hotel With Miss Saumya who is working with this Hotel in Marketing Department. Guess What would have Finally Happened?. We were two couples, Myself n my wife and a Friend and his Wife. After Leaving from Ahmedabad on 5th when we were just 2 hours away from Jaislmer around 10 am i conveyed that we would be reaching around 12 noon and they said that rooms are vacant with them for us as they are already booked well in advance. But when we reached the story was totally different. They dint had rooms for us, they said they got a bulk booking all of sudden so they missed our rooms and when i asked for advance they said our head office is in Mumbai and we are having 6 Hotels in our Group so we cant give advance from here. I need to communicate with Miss Saumya Only for advance and she would be depositing later to my account. This sounded very ridiculous. After a big fight for half an hour, i got my advance back and in between that fight there was a reception guy i dont know his name was fair in color and lil bit healthy wearing specks tried to hit me. I will suggest every1 to avoid this hotel at all cost because they dont know how to treat their clients they offered me the room at the Rate of 4050 ON C.P for double occupancy and den i stayed at hotel fort rajwada which offered me the room at Rs 4500 on C.P. If TripAdvisor would have points allocation in minus then i wud have given MINUS 10 to this hotel. I hate this property more den a hell because it was i who booked rooms and they dint offered us the rooms so i felt just insulted in front of my friend.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel rooms at all cost, because they dont know the value of commitment if after taking advance from you.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank DevendraSinghG
Reviewed 31 December 2014

You dont even have hot water here! Service-worst, Toilets and flush-even worst, everything is worst....I wouldnt recommend you this hotel!!They didnt even have milk powder sachets to make tea!!!!Terrible hotel!

5  Thank yashtechie
Reviewed 31 December 2014

Glass door in the bathroom fell on my kid as it was not properly fitted. He was injured but the hotel management was very insensitive about it. They had no first aid kit, no one was aware as how to deal with the same. Geyser was not working, flush was not working, the balcony in the hotel was very dirty.Check the photos uploaded. Dharamshalas are much better than this hotel. I stayed there on 21.12.2014..... Very badly maintained and managed hotel as the owner visit only once in six months and the managers are having good time at the cost of safety of guest and the capital of the owners....

6  Thank PKJ1979