Sadly we only stayed one night in Jaisalmer (25th August), but had we known we would have found such a great place we would have planned to stay more.
As always in India, how your stay goes depends entirely on your expectations. True, we reached Jaisalmer at the peak of low season, with very few tourists in town, but nonetheless Fort View exceeded our expectations:
- We stayed in one of the rooms with full view of the magnificent Jaisalmer Fort. As backpackers, this was by and large the best view we had in a month in India. The room was very large, pretty, and above all clean.
- One of the employees, Ali, was always at hand to give tips and help out. He also runs the restaurant at the last floor, which makes surprisingly good food (I highly recommend the haughty-sounding "Maharaja thali"), including some Rajasthani fare, and is a quiet place to unwind in the late evening while contemplating the Fort.
- The owner, Mr. Raju, also runs the very efficient travel agent on the ground floor, and was able to find us a very affordable and quick solution for our trip back to Mumbai.
- The only thing this hotel needs to work on (hence the 4/5 rating): the showers, which had slight problems in draining water while we were there.
All in all: highly, highly recommended for budget travellers :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ABOUT HOTEL - hotel fort view since 1983 hotel fort view are oldest property in jaisalmer hotel fort view recomnded by lonely plante hotel fort view your 2nd jaisalmer home our hotel room perfect all traveler,s we 6 double bed rooms and 2 four bed room all rome have free wifi four bed room perfect fort view e Enjoy our multi-cuisine roof top restaurant for a meal overlooking the breathtaking fort, or just relax on the terrace with a cup of chai and watch the world go by! h (HOTEL FORT VIEW CAMEL SAFARI) FORT VIEW CAMEL SAFARI 1ST CAMEL SAFARI ORGANIZER I N TOWN SINCE 1983 WE ARE ARRANGE Day Tours/ Sleeping Under the Stars: Experience the true soul of this enchanting land by adventuring out into the Thar desert on one of our many safari packages. On our most popular overnight safari, you will enjoy a 45 km ride by jeep through the desert followed by an hour long camel ride to your camp in the dunes where you will watch the magnificent sunset and have a traditional Rajastha ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Fort View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.