We stayed for over three weeks at Four Points Pune, switching rooms 3 times because of small trips in between.
The rooms have a very nice layout, modern but still very homely in a way. The property is new but the first wear is starting to show (small dents in the wood, smaller scuffs on the walls); still, each room made a good 4 star impression. There's a proper desk with fitting office chair, allowing for comfortable evening shifts at the laptop.
Cleanliness was good, but not perfect. Some hairs which were not ours were found in the edges of the bathroom. Also at first arrival we had a bedsheets which an obvious stain on it (probably food), this was a turn off at arrival. We checked in two times afterwards and the sheets and bathroom were perfect and my faith was restored.
The shower is great, with both a traditional shower head and a rain shower. Hot water never ran out, and water pressure was high, even on the top floor.
Internet connectivity is provided, but it's at additional charge, in my case it was included in my room package. Unfortunately the connection gets very slow at night, to the point where a Skype conversation is impossible. When not in your room package, internet costs 250 rupees, which is a lot for a service which is barely acceptable at times. I would like the hotel to look into upgrading of their bandwidth and QoS control technology. For business travellers, this is an absolute requirement.
Air conditioning was good, although noisy when kicking in, at least on the 6th floor (a clapping sound was heard when cooling kicks in). I "fixed" this by setting an unachievably low temperature with low fan speed, which stopped the thermostat from switching all the time, Still, annoying before I found this workaround, and a slight design mistake.
There is a large fitness room with -excellent- quality threadmills, cross trainers and weights. During my stay, free equipment was always available. A minor annoyance was the closing of the fitness center at 22:00 hours, which I find too early.
There's also a large outside pool which is big enough for more serious swimming. A sitting area is provided next to the pool. There is a lot of road noise at the pool, but still it is great to be able to enjoy the excellent Pune climate with a pool nearby on the weekend. What I do not understand is that no drinks are served in the pool area, and that it closes at 8 (swimming in the dark is great, even if it gets a little more chilly) - I found these missed opportunities.
The location is very acceptable. There are two very modern malls, one across the street, Inorbit (westerners like me should not try to cross Nagar Road, there is a passage tunnel at about 200M), and the bigger Phoenix Mall at 5-10 minutes walking distance (one somewhat smaller road has to be crossed, still a challenge, but manageable).
The Hotel has a cab service, but it is too expensive. The car and driver were good, but I paid over 1000 rupees for a ride that costs less than 200 with the local cab company - yes the cab was better, but not 800 rupees better. Two local cab companies you can call are Wings and Cool Cab. For shorter distances (or the more adventurous) you can just hail a Rickshaw in front of the hotel, this will not take more than 5 minutes - just make sure to be informed of the price estimation to avoid getting ripped off.
We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast every morning. There's a variety of Indian and some western food. The coffee is exceptionally good for Indian standards (most Indian hotels I visited served bad filter or even worse, instant coffee). Also the cooks will provide fresh waffles and/or pancakes at request. The breakfast is great value and should not be skipped.
Room service was slightly slow, at times taking over 30 minutes for a simple dish. The food at the restaurant/room is pretty good, although a little pricey. If you want to eat somewhere else you can walk to Phoenix mall, which has a good food court, and by all means, explore Pune! Some restaurants that I recommend as options are: Barbecue Nation, Prem's, Hard Rock Cafe and my favorite: Basho's - all of these can be reached within a 15-30 minute, Rickshaw drive (depending on traffic).
What has made my stay at Four Points memorable was the fantastic staff. I was always greeted warmly and politely, any question or comment was handled in a friendly, professional and personal manner. Things like finding the usual coffee you order already being delivered without asking show that the staff is involved with their work. It is obvious that time was spent finding well trained, service oriented and naturally social people.
I extended my stay three times without any doubt of switching Hotel, despite the minor gripes listed,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Great Location. Welcome to the Four Points by Sheraton Pune, Nagar Road. We're conveniently located only 5 kilometers from the airport, and we're easily accessible to the city's commercial and entertainment centers. We're an ideal choice for business or pleasure when visiting the area, and offer an array of amenities designed to make you feel at home. Comfy & Convenient. Each of our 217 guest rooms and suites offer High Speed Internet Access, the comfy Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort™ Bed, and free bottled water. Plus, for longer stays or larger parties, our 48 self-contained studios and 1 bedroom residences will be the perfect solution. Everything You Need. Have a frosty pint in The Best Brew Pub or sample Pan Asian fare at our all day dining option: Panash Restaurant. Other conveniences include a spa, gym, and swimming pool. We also offer a business center for our corporate guests. If business brings you to the area, our seven flexible meeting rooms and 1140 square meters of function space will meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton, Pune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton, Pune
- Four Points By Sheraton, Pune Hotel Pune