We just finished a 10 day trip of Kerala. We stayed at Orion for 3 nights and we are still rueing the fact that we did not stay at this hotel for our entire trip.
Positives: 1. Great great great location. Just sit in the balcony and watch how the world goes by before you.
2. This property is run by some great people. Leelamma is just awesome. A great person to chat with, share your thoughts. We were unfortunate to not be able to met George personally. Hopefully on our next trip we will.
A small example of why she is such a lovely person: We had a train to catch at 6 in the morning. The night before we were so deep asleep we did not hear her knocking at the door. She was trying to enquire about how we are planning to reach the station. Anyways, the next morning we were all ready by the time its 5am. It was completely dark outside and there was not a single cab/auto visible anywhere near (though we were told by others that transportation won't be a problem so early in the morning). But she already figured out the fact that we won't be able to catch our train so she was sitting near the reception all dressed up to drop us at the station by her own car and we somehow managed to catch our train that day. I just can't thank her enough for this gesture.
Negatives: Can't think of any about the property.
But there is this issue that almost all the restaurants in kovalam down their shutters a bit early.
Overall a great location and when we visit again we will surely be in Orion only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 11 Rooms With 6 Additional Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Orion Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orion Beach Resort India/Kerala