See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Good guest house and nicely run, as always in India, room for improvements, if you are looking for perfection you won’t find it in India unless you pay ridiculous money. The golden turtles is safe,quiet, and clean. Within easy distance to amenities, we have our own scooter so great location. Good value for money,helpful people. Over 25 years believe me we have seen much worse.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank rodney m
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I stay here for 2 days it is very nice home stay I had ever seen in my life it is very near to the light house and I feel comfortable in this environmental likely place the service and other facilities were really good

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kannankgnr
Reviewed 31 January 2016

this place is 3km from famous beach lighthouse. but its real paradise for those who want listen and observe birds, be alone without any tourists, take a small walk to nearby ocean with everyday fishing of locals. Here also are beaches. and there is small one opposite the homestay. iys only need the boat. unfortunately, when we had been there, boat was under water.
the best chain of restaurants located 10 minutes by foot.
every morning tables from homestay were placed on the lawn near backwater and we took there our breakfast. we bought some food in supermarket and fruits on market and add them to our breakfast. the hotels boat sunked , so we walked around the backwater to ocean. but this didn bore me. it was nice walk. 10-15 minutes.
rooms are really big. hot water i didnt see during this week but it was ok. we had rooms without air-condition but fan worked good.
if in my life i will return to kovalam i will stay only in golden turtel or near.

Room Tip: i liked room on the second floor. if facing the homestay - in left upper corner. it has great view, big size, balcony and window
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna P
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I stayed with my family during the new year.the service was class.smooth check in with nice welcome drink.all are with Smiling face.rooms are excellent view of sea.excellent service from housekeeping.given the service as per the request quickly.food.woww.no chance huge varieties of food.spread was excellent.Thanks to chef and team.restaurant service was quick and can feel the five star standered.keep going .thanks for entire team for given as a memorable stay in turtle.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Summary: Go there but only for one or two days!

Great room with a small kitchen. Great for the price!!!
... but no possibility to go swimming. Backwater is too dirty, the "beach" is 10 minutes away but we could not swim because there were only stones where the waves crashed.
No restaurant in the vicinity, 10 minutes by foot are the next ones. You need a torch to find back in the evening.

It was great to see the real India (its located in the middle of shacks) but also nasty because they BURNED PLASTICS in the afternoon. Also the windows were closed the smoke came in the room.

The owner was nice but came only for the payment, the HOUSEKEEPER IS STRANGE.
LOTS OF MOSCITOS!