1,287 results
All reviews family holiday evening tea balcony view memorable stay cultural program awesome service honeymoon trip excellent stay play area cooking demo approach road special thanks nice ambience courteous staff wonderful experience stayed one night swimming pool
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We group enjoyed our vacation every well .never we forget this moments special tanx to mountain courtyard and rokk staffs .foods are tasty and good special tanx to chef Sijo and shebin for special food and tnx to gm .samal..... akhil dad.gopal.sadam.vaishak.jyothi.sooraj.linto ...and tnx to allll

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sajan_Cochin, Director of Sales at The Mountain Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

It was a pleasure to be your host and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We stayed as a group at Mountain Courtyard this January. The staff was very professional and welcoming. They had some spice tea ready for us when we arrived. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The property was only six months old. The view, swimming pool and the fact that the hotel is nestled way away from all the chaos of Kumily was great.

The only fact that, the hotel could be reached only by four by four. The road to hotel needs some serious relaying, which I am sure will be done in the near future.

Being in the travel profession my self, I do have some feed backs for the management. (Which are very picky and minute details)
1. The property, even if it is a new property, some places shows that the finishing was done in a hurry. The paint job was poor and some spots were even missed.
2. We came to know that the resort is aiming to get a four star certification, but it definitely needs a little bit of internationalization and facility improvement to get here.
3. The spa needs a heater. I had a treatment there and it was so cold. I understand one is naked or with minimal clothes during an ayurvedic massage, but in this case the room needs to be atleast warmed up.

Being said this, I would definitely come back and stay here. Thank You for your hospitality. Good luck

1  Thank Alex Z
Sajan_Cochin, Director of Sales at The Mountain Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Greetings from The Mountain Courtyard !

Thank you so much for your review , positive comments and appreciation extended for our young team.Glad to know that your experience was a pleasant one. We have taken note of your feedback regarding approach road and experience at the spa. We assure you that these are rectified and once again , many thanks for giving the feedback.

It was a pleasure to be your host and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Positives- Outstanding staff, cant say enough some of the best hotel staff i ever found. Very helpful and supportive. Cozy, neat rooms, large balcony, great views from the room, good food, amazing spa massage by surabhi, property looks very beautiful in the night, clean and beautiful, nice cultural programme arranged by the hotel. good food, nice breakfast.
Negatives- Play room not functional, rustic look might not be enjoyed by everybody, swimming pool didn't have sunbeds, no attendants by the swimming pool, no place to keep towels and sleepers.
Damn good place to stay

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank anupamarohira

Greetings from The Mountain Courtyard !

Many thanks for bringing a few areas to our notice , where we need to improve and we assure you that this will be rectified soon . It was a pleasure to be your host and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Nestled at the foothill of the Miracle Mountain, that happens to be the tallest peak in that area of the Western Ghats is the Mountain Courtyard. As the name gives it off, you can expect loads of uneven terrain and an adventure trip. Before I mention any further, I would like to put in a note that I wish the Tourism Development Board of Kerala or the local authority, would take cognizance of the road that leads to the property. This road is not only used by the locals living in the area which happen to be quite a number, but also for tourists who book themselves in for the property. We need a good road for the safety of the locals and tourists.
Property:
When I visited the Mountain Courtyard has just completed 5 to 6 months of operation (Dec 2016). The property has a good ambience as you drive past the gates greeted by a cheerful ‘Namaskaram’ that happens to be the local way of greeting. The drive up to the reception is interesting and you arrive the cottages first and then you see the hotel complex. Good care has been taken to make this entry point very interesting which has a small open air theatre, a pool and a lush green garden.
Hotel rooms are adequate, with 3 cupboards, a nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. The balcony and the huge door that opens to it is very good. A nice place to have an early morning or evening coffee. Ideal I would say.
The two restaurants in the hotel give a very different feel, one is the contemporary and the other is a bit rustic.
Food was very impressive, hats off to the Chef. I wish there was one more lift in the hotel, not that the existing facility caused any inconvenience so to say, it just might be an advantage when the property gets more busy.
As a CSR initiative, I am highly impressed by the endeavor of Mr Samal the General Manager to give local budding talents an opportunity to showcase their potential. Regular Dance, Singing and cultural activities are a highlight and I would recommend not missing them. I am really surprised at how talented the local population is.
People
I must say that there was not one staff that I could complain about. Jyoti, Akhil, Sharat, Deva, Dinesh I cant remember all their names but all of them are extremely helpful, cooperative and friendly. It seemed like I have been knowing them for a very long time. Best is, they remembered our preferences and tried their best to keep that flavor in our next visits to the restaurant.
The property is not wheelchair friendly, though they keep one for emergency. My father had to be taken up to the hotel in a wheelchair since he has a walking disability and I was surprised that 5 of the staff appeared out of no where and very comfortably took my father to his room. The same was done for the other days when we went for the cultural activity in the property and they enthusiastically and carefully brought him out. I can’t thank them enough for their support.
The General Manager Mr. Samal was very cooperative and always ears for suggestions and opinions. Any complaints had been dealt with the quickest and most effective remedy.
I would recommend this property if you are looking for a secluded place amidst the mountain. And don’t forget to get on the Miracle Mountain. Its a difficult trek but most definitely worth it. Request for a staff to accompany incase they are free to accompany.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Daney V
Sajan_Cochin, Director of Sales at The Mountain Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Greetings from The Mountain Courtyard !

Thank you so much for your detailed review , positive comments and appreciation extended for our young team.Glad to know that your experience was a pleasant one.

Wish you the best for the New Year. It was a pleasure to be your host and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed there with my group of six members two nights welcome was traditional way amazing views and clean spacious every meal was superb greenery and windy foggy day they have culturals everyday which was amazing cooking demo was an another amazing thing overall fantastic experience

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Greetings from The Mountain Courtyard !

Thank you so much for your review , ratings and positive comments .Glad to know that your experience was a pleasant one.