Kalarickal Heritage Bungalow(Idukki)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Sea Grace Cottage(Idukki)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2017

The Dream Land Hill Resort is excellent, the staff are very helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious. Breakfast was plentiful. We truly loved our stay here.Everyone was lovely, Elizabeth aunt was very caring and Mathew uncle welcomed us home away parents are they very lovely people.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anto J
Mathew P, Manager at Dream Land Hill Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review.Hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

First of all, I'd like to tell that, I'm not reviewing this on the basis of a resort. Rather I'm treating it somewhat of a motel/lodging category.

First thing I liked about it is the Quiet location. It is well off from the main stream traffic. But I have to say the approach road is horrible. Though the road is of 500 meters from the main road, it feels like forever. You need a 4x4 AWD to get through that 500 meters.

Rooms are spacious and walls are well kept and they do have nice design. Bathroom was OK. They could have provided better towels. Thank God, I always carry my own towels.

Also, there were lizards in the room and Lizard poop. The caretaker did help clean it up. But they said, being a hilly forest area, lizards are unavoidable.

Food options were limited (almost nothing except they said they could make chappatis and curry if we place the order). Thanks I had my driver and vehicle, so I could go to the main road and had food.

I read a previous review complaining about no ACs in the room. Well, I dont think they provide AC facilities in hill station. I'd be glad if they provide heaters instead :)

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2015

I am a solo-travel addict. And i travel a lot for leisure as well as work. I simply love this place for where its located and the hospitality of the staff. The resort is located in a peaceful place. Its a perfect place for people who like calm environment. And the food available there was tasty, The rooms and the surroundings are clean.
Unlike other resorts where they don't provide the amenities they show, here all the amenities as advertised by them were available. The behavior of staff was pleasant and charming and they are always available at your service. I would recommend this resort for people who visits Kuttikanam.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Jishnumk90

Thank you for your kind review.Hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

It was one of the worst resort we have been ever to. The water was muddy. The camp fire that they provided were very pathetic it lasted only for 15 minutes and moreover the reaction of the manager was lamentable. The food that they served was not worth for the money paid. Food served was cold and quality was not as expected. I will not recommend this to another one.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank Josymathew
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Anyone can get misguided by the word resort, as this is a place where you can spend the night before you move for the onward journey. Its a realtively new hotel in midst of the tea estate, but 35km away from the proper tourist spot.

Build in the form of pagoda, the staff was very cordial and the hotel owner was helpful even at the wee hours. The rooms are big and equiped with basic facilities. You will be very wrong if you are expecting a resort facilities, rather its like a house with ready facilities.

The rates are a little high but we didnot have options as it was booked by the travel agent and we were misled for it being located at thekaddy. We moved to allepy from there next day and has to sacrifice the boat ride in back waters as we understand it will take another 5 hours minimum only for the to and fro from the Dreamland hill resort.

Food you should not expect any variety as they do not have an option, however, basic breakfast like bread, butter, jam, egg is available. Cost to benefit ratio is not worth. You might want to contact the owner (Mr. P. S. Mathew) directly for better deal if you want to stay there.

Room Tip: Check the suites / separate cottages in pagoda style, its better than the normal ones.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family