See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We booked online through Oyo, and after much haggling for a room for one night for Rs.1,159 in Mangalore (Oyo, Kuntikan area, opp AJ Hospital).

When we showed up at 4 a.m. on Feb 20, 2016, we had to wake up the bellboy, who doubled as the receptionist and security guard. Just as he was entering the details, his Samsung mobile ran out of charge. He tried to call someone on another phone, but got no response. So, he said he couldn't give us a room! Finally, he tried it once again and it went through on the remaining charge.

The 15 x 7 reception room was full of cardboard boxes containing soap and shampoos, as well as bags of garbage. He refused to show us the room and demanded payment (no receipt until many hours later).

He then labouriously copied the details of the register in a diary (!!) and I filled in the details, such as name, address and phone number.

The room was clean, but badly and inconveniently furnished. Since we only wanted a place for a few hours to shower and head to the airport, it was ok. The a/c was noisy and the battery in the remote had not been changed and so we couldn't fiddle with the settings.

As advertised, there was no hot water at 4 am (it's available only from 7 to 9 am as it clearly says on a note in the lobby). Fine. When my wife tried to shower again at 8 am, there was only very, very hot water and no cold water in any of the taps!

The wi-fi wouldn't work. I also got an SMS from Oyo about my Oyo wifi password many hours later, after I had checked out and was on the road!

Breakfast was the biggest letdown, with maida dosa (instead of one made with fermented batter). It was rubbery and horrible. The dining area is the parking lot of the hotel, with cars for company, among cheap and dirty plastic chairs and tables. We instead went across the road to AJ Hospital and ate at their canteen (cheap and clean).

Since I had made the booking on Oyo, the reception said they could only give me a voucher and no receipt for payment.

Room tip: Autos will rip you off from Mangalore Central, charging 200 at night for a 7-km journey.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

We have reached the hotel around 2.30 am on 30th mornong for which we have booked already through male my trip app.after reaching there they dint not provide us the room saying that make my trip is not paying us. The staff were extremely rude with us.plz plz plz avoid this hotel.worst hotel in the world.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

This is more of a low-budget lodge than a hotel. Room was ok, only a make-shift restaurant on the ground floor with limited menu. NO hot water throughout the 3 days we stayed even though there is a board at reception saying hot water from 7 am to 10 am. Staff were ok although we literally had to ask a dozen times for our room to be cleant and a request to replace towels after 2 days seemed to come as a surprise to them. Ok place for very short stays, we booked as location was convenient for the purpose of our visit and since there is no other hotel near AJ Hospital.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We booked room in this hotel from Makemytrip.com for 2 people. When we showed booking ID to the receptionist and the reply was so rude "You don't have a booking" I asked them to recheck it but they refused and asked me to check with MakeMytrip.com. It almost took 45 minutes to resolve this issue and finally they took some extra amount (Rs. 200) and gave us the room. If anyone trying to book this hotel from online then please make sure to call in hotel to confirm the booking so that you will not face any problem when you actually reached there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MaheshBH502
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Well i have stayed in few hotels in most of the places but this hotel had some quite & good rooms, really good services !!! the rooms were neat & it was quiet which is the most I expected. I would really like to come back to this hotel. The food was cooked as I wanted.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip