All reviews diesel cafe value for money comfortable stay enjoyed our stay short stay clean linen polite staff the hotel staff convenient location rooms are spacious hospitality toiletries cons cheers proximity auto circle
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I have stayed in this hotel for a day. Services are average. Location wise it is good hotel for stay. But toiletries provided are below average quality. Even the bathroom towels are not washed well. Though it is affordable but not value for money

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arunkiranpatro
HotelPrestigeMlore, Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Arun ,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.

Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had durin your stay, please do accept my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience encountered by you. While we make every effort possible to ensure that all our guests have an amazing experience from the start to end of their stay , we seem to have faltered on this occasion.

Hence we kindly request you to drop in to our property once again, were we get an opportunity to display our excellence of our service, as each guest experience during the stay with us matters a lot for us & we expect your stay to be a one of yours memorable movements of yours spend in our property.

Please do let me know if there is anything that I could do for you.

Hotel Prestige Mangalore,

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I was here with my wife. We stayed for 3 days from 8 to 10 April, 2018 (both days inclusive). The staff were very courteous. And many of them including Raghu Shetty spoke English. Language was also not a problem. Booking done through internet was easy and they had my details. Service was very good. So also food.
It is in a sort of silent/not busy location. Taxis and Autos were quickly available. Mangalore being a small place, those people knew the Hotel by name. It was money's worth too.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Vilwadri

Greetings for the day!

It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for your time in leaving this wonderful review, it gives me another opportunity to thank the team.

While it is extremely delightful to hear that you enjoyed the overall services and food offerings at the hotel .Our team strives to offer each guest a seamless experience through impeccable service keeping in mind guest preferences

Thank you once again for recommending us so highly to the Trip Advisor community and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

its an excellent hotel, considering the location and proximity to other places, very heart of the city. its a budget hotel, reasonable sized rooms, very clean and super hospitality.

stayed for two nights..thx to its team and will definitely make it my regular place of stay

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sree K

Dear Mr. Sree,

Greetings for the day!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Mangalore hotels are a tad too costly & for the price they charge, the facilities offered are not commensurate. During my visit to this port city last week, I surfed through several options before the travel. Most hotels charge a bomb and prefer to keep their rooms empty rather than filling it up with guests. After some research and elimination, I zeroed in on Hotel Prestige.
I good a room at a decent tariff, although high in comparison to similar properties in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur and Hyderabad.

Highlights;
1. Walk-able from Jyothi circle, easy location. I reached early morning (they have a 24 hrs check in policy). The staff were asleep but they quickly helped me check in.
2. Very cooperative and polite staff.
3. Good service.
4. Sumptuous breakfast. Choice of local veg dishes in the Diesel cafe.
5. Good location.
6. Excellent and well maintained rooms, clean linen and bath towels. Good functional AC and TV.
7. The quality of guests staying is also good- no noisy and troublesome people around.

Cons

1. WiFi did not function in my room. Despite raising a request for help, the hotel staff did nothing on this.
2. The toiletries can be better.
3. Food to order is quite expensive.
4. The lift is too old and needs urgent maintenance/ face lift.

Overall, this is a good property and I will certainly choose this in my next visit. Mangalore is crying for some branded budget hotels for corporate visitors.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Shreenivas S

Dear Guest Shreenivas,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the services of our staff, our location and other offerings. Your laudable comments are shared with my team members.

It is our constant endeavor to create a wonderful experience and impeccable service for all our valued guests. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay and were happy with the services and facilities provided.We have noted the points highlighted pertaining taht you have mentioned as concern. we have aslo notified the respective departments to take corrective measures to stall any such instances in future that affect our guest experience .

We look forward to hosting your stay once again and continuing to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Prestige !

Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located and easily accessible. The main door opens onto. A small reception/lobby area. A smaller lift to lead you to the rooms. The rooms are small but we'll within the price range you pay at the time of booking. It is important to understand that my rating until this point of time is 4 stars instead of two. The deterioration starts here onwards :
1. The room has a small bed, smaller than a queen size bed.
2. The bed squeaks if you turn sides.
3. The room overlooks the main road, I am okay with this but the windows that they have at the hotel are not soundproof, they do very little so as to even muffle the sound of traffic.
4. Theres renovation going on in room 307 on the third floor and other rooms too, but the front desk barely cares to inform you of the same.
5. There's tiling work going on and if the honking of the roadside traffic isn't enough there's labor engaged at the hotel to make your life miserable.
6. The hotel is definitely run by people with no training of the hospitality industry. ( Atleast the front desk seemed so, because of the reasons listed above)
7. the ceiling of the room isn't painted, I think someone just forgot to check that as well.
8. The linen was pretty clean with a few marks here and there,cometely acceptable to me after all that I was going through by now.

My recommendation is against staying at the hotel unless they get their act together.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gandotra P

Dear Gandotra P ,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.

Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay, please do accept my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience encountered by you. While we make every effort possible to ensure that all our guests have an amazing experience from the start of their stay, we seem to have faltered on this occasion.

We request you to drop in to our property once again, were we get an opportunity to display our excellence of our service, as each guest experience during the stay with us matters a lot for us & we expect your stay to be a one of yours memorable movements of yours spend in our property.

Please do let me know if there is anything that I could do for you.

Hotel Prestige Mangalore,