All reviews diesel cafe value for money short stay clean linen polite staff the hotel staff hotel is centrally located hospitality cooperative toiletries cons proximity auto circle locality
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Mangalore hotels are a tad too costly & for the price they charge, the facilities offered are not commensurate. During my visit to this port city last week, I surfed through several options before the travel. Most hotels charge a bomb and prefer to keep their rooms empty rather than filling it up with guests. After some research and elimination, I zeroed in on Hotel Prestige.
I good a room at a decent tariff, although high in comparison to similar properties in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur and Hyderabad.

Highlights;
1. Walk-able from Jyothi circle, easy location. I reached early morning (they have a 24 hrs check in policy). The staff were asleep but they quickly helped me check in.
2. Very cooperative and polite staff.
3. Good service.
4. Sumptuous breakfast. Choice of local veg dishes in the Diesel cafe.
5. Good location.
6. Excellent and well maintained rooms, clean linen and bath towels. Good functional AC and TV.
7. The quality of guests staying is also good- no noisy and troublesome people around.

Cons

1. WiFi did not function in my room. Despite raising a request for help, the hotel staff did nothing on this.
2. The toiletries can be better.
3. Food to order is quite expensive.
4. The lift is too old and needs urgent maintenance/ face lift.

Overall, this is a good property and I will certainly choose this in my next visit. Mangalore is crying for some branded budget hotels for corporate visitors.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Shreenivas S
HotelPrestigeMlore, Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2018

Dear Guest Shreenivas,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the services of our staff, our location and other offerings. Your laudable comments are shared with my team members.

It is our constant endeavor to create a wonderful experience and impeccable service for all our valued guests. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay and were happy with the services and facilities provided.We have noted the points highlighted pertaining taht you have mentioned as concern. we have aslo notified the respective departments to take corrective measures to stall any such instances in future that affect our guest experience .

We look forward to hosting your stay once again and continuing to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Prestige !

Assistant Front Office Manager
Hotel Prestige Mangalore

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located and easily accessible. The main door opens onto. A small reception/lobby area. A smaller lift to lead you to the rooms. The rooms are small but we'll within the price range you pay at the time of booking. It is important to understand that my rating until this point of time is 4 stars instead of two. The deterioration starts here onwards :
1. The room has a small bed, smaller than a queen size bed.
2. The bed squeaks if you turn sides.
3. The room overlooks the main road, I am okay with this but the windows that they have at the hotel are not soundproof, they do very little so as to even muffle the sound of traffic.
4. Theres renovation going on in room 307 on the third floor and other rooms too, but the front desk barely cares to inform you of the same.
5. There's tiling work going on and if the honking of the roadside traffic isn't enough there's labor engaged at the hotel to make your life miserable.
6. The hotel is definitely run by people with no training of the hospitality industry. ( Atleast the front desk seemed so, because of the reasons listed above)
7. the ceiling of the room isn't painted, I think someone just forgot to check that as well.
8. The linen was pretty clean with a few marks here and there,cometely acceptable to me after all that I was going through by now.

My recommendation is against staying at the hotel unless they get their act together.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gandotrap

Dear Gandotra P ,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.

Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay, please do accept my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience encountered by you. While we make every effort possible to ensure that all our guests have an amazing experience from the start of their stay, we seem to have faltered on this occasion.

We request you to drop in to our property once again, were we get an opportunity to display our excellence of our service, as each guest experience during the stay with us matters a lot for us & we expect your stay to be a one of yours memorable movements of yours spend in our property.

Please do let me know if there is anything that I could do for you.

ASTFOM
Hotel Prestige Mangalore,

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, lovely hotel with all facilities needed for a pleasant Stay, rooms are spacious and bathrooms are neat and Clean.
The Hotel Staff's were very cordial and friendly and we enjoyed our Stay there.
Cheers to the entire team of Hotel Prestige, who made our Stay pleasant.
Would love to visit again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ramanath_vin

Dear Guest Ramanath,

Greetings from Hotel Prestige !!

We truly appreciate your time in providing us with such a detailed and wonderful review about your recent stay experience with us. Pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Prestige .

we are delighted to read your comments about the hotel, our services and overall hospitality. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with energizing experiences and happy to learn that the team has succeeded in the effort. Your words of appreciation will definitely be shared with the entire team and I am sure that your feedback will inspire and motivate them to continue to deliver excellence.

Once again we appreciate your wonderful feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Assistant Front Office Manager,
Hotel Prestige Mangalore.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is my 3 rd visit to this hotel and every time they have met my expectations. Amazing staff and the food is super good. I would sincerely recommend this hotel to everyone. I stayed with my parents and my daughter and we really enjoyed staying here. They are very accommodative.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank SwapnaJ38

Dear Mrs. Sawpna

Greetings for the day!

It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for your time in leaving this wonderful review, it gives me another opportunity to thank the team.

We are really thrilled that very time your visit to our property was an memorable one and you found the hotel quality and services maintained exactly the way you like it. Your compliment for our associates is indeed very encouraging and is sure to add to our resolve of delighting every guest at Hotel Prestige Mangalore..

Thank you once again for recommending us so highly to the Trip Advisor community and look forward to welcome you back soon .

Warm Regards,
ASTFOM
Hotel Prestige Mangalore.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Clean room, good and convenient location - two good adjoining eateries / restaurants (Cafe Diesel and Simbly South) (had food at both the places; it was good). Staff very helpful, polite and courteous. Had a great two-night stay. Only one little problem - wi-fi internet was unreliable and erratic at times - but a small problem nevertheless. Overall, had a good experience. Also, got a good deal from Yatra.com on the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelPrestigeMlore, Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2018

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Hotel Prestige!!

We regret that keeping you happy with overall services we have only flatten to make you happy because of the concerns highlighted. We assure to take necessary steps to curb any such instances in future to deliver the best guest experience, please do accept my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience encountered by you in the case of WIFI. While it is extremely delightful to hear that you enjoyed the overall services and food offerings at the hotel .Our team strives to offer each guest a seamless experience through impeccable service keeping in mind guest preferences .

Thank you once again for recommending us so highly to the Make My Trip community and look forward to welcome you back soon.

ASTFOM Hotel