All reviews diesel cafe value for money comfortable stay enjoyed our stay clean linen short stay polite staff the hotel staff convenient location rooms are spacious hospitality toiletries cons proximity cheers locality ambience
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Mangalore hotels are a tad too costly & for the price they charge, the facilities offered are not commensurate. During my visit to this port city last week, I surfed through several options before the travel. Most hotels charge a bomb and prefer to keep their rooms empty rather than filling it up with guests. After some research and elimination, I zeroed in on Hotel Prestige.
I good a room at a decent tariff, although high in comparison to similar properties in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur and Hyderabad.

Highlights;
1. Walk-able from Jyothi circle, easy location. I reached early morning (they have a 24 hrs check in policy). The staff were asleep but they quickly helped me check in.
2. Very cooperative and polite staff.
3. Good service.
4. Sumptuous breakfast. Choice of local veg dishes in the Diesel cafe.
5. Good location.
6. Excellent and well maintained rooms, clean linen and bath towels. Good functional AC and TV.
7. The quality of guests staying is also good- no noisy and troublesome people around.

Cons

1. WiFi did not function in my room. Despite raising a request for help, the hotel staff did nothing on this.
2. The toiletries can be better.
3. Food to order is quite expensive.
4. The lift is too old and needs urgent maintenance/ face lift.

Overall, this is a good property and I will certainly choose this in my next visit. Mangalore is crying for some branded budget hotels for corporate visitors.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Shreenivas S
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located and easily accessible. The main door opens onto. A small reception/lobby area. A smaller lift to lead you to the rooms. The rooms are small but we'll within the price range you pay at the time of booking. It is important to understand that my rating until this point of time is 4 stars instead of two. The deterioration starts here onwards :
1. The room has a small bed, smaller than a queen size bed.
2. The bed squeaks if you turn sides.
3. The room overlooks the main road, I am okay with this but the windows that they have at the hotel are not soundproof, they do very little so as to even muffle the sound of traffic.
4. Theres renovation going on in room 307 on the third floor and other rooms too, but the front desk barely cares to inform you of the same.
5. There's tiling work going on and if the honking of the roadside traffic isn't enough there's labor engaged at the hotel to make your life miserable.
6. The hotel is definitely run by people with no training of the hospitality industry. ( Atleast the front desk seemed so, because of the reasons listed above)
7. the ceiling of the room isn't painted, I think someone just forgot to check that as well.
8. The linen was pretty clean with a few marks here and there,cometely acceptable to me after all that I was going through by now.

My recommendation is against staying at the hotel unless they get their act together.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gandotra P
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, lovely hotel with all facilities needed for a pleasant Stay, rooms are spacious and bathrooms are neat and Clean.
The Hotel Staff's were very cordial and friendly and we enjoyed our Stay there.
Cheers to the entire team of Hotel Prestige, who made our Stay pleasant.
Would love to visit again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ramanath_vin
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is my 3 rd visit to this hotel and every time they have met my expectations. Amazing staff and the food is super good. I would sincerely recommend this hotel to everyone. I stayed with my parents and my daughter and we really enjoyed staying here. They are very accommodative.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank SwapnaJ38
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Clean room, good and convenient location - two good adjoining eateries / restaurants (Cafe Diesel and Simbly South) (had food at both the places; it was good). Staff very helpful, polite and courteous. Had a great two-night stay. Only one little problem - wi-fi internet was unreliable and erratic at times - but a small problem nevertheless. Overall, had a good experience. Also, got a good deal from Yatra.com on the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family