All reviews wooden cabin swimming pool basket ball river boat ride rain dance under maintenance resort staff awesome location table tennis bed linen wonderful stay main road value for money comfortable stay volleyball emu luxury
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Trip to Mangalore and stay in River roost was is an unforgettable experience !!

My brother's family and my family stayed in river roost for 3 days after Christmas. Although it was just our families booked in for two days , the resort did not compromise on the services.

Decorum - The entire resort was beautifully lit up. Swimming Pool is clean and well maintained. It is at the restaurant and bar. so its a lot of fun to be munching and having a drink in between taking dips in the pool.
The little farm with the ducks , Emus , goats, calf .. was a treat for kids !
the Rooms are clean , linen is clean. But the best part is the bathrooms !! Well maintained , clean and well stocked.

Food gets 5 stars too !! they took us by surprise and delighted us at every meal !! enjoyed the sea food and starters !! Absolutely delicious and well thought of menu !!

Overall .. we came back with beautiful memories !!

Room Tip: Wifi does not connect very well in the rooms
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
HelenRiverRoost, Owner at River Roost Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you! First of all, we're delighted you decided to see for yourself what Riverroost Resort has to offer and so glad it met your expectations!
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back .

With much appreciation,
Helen Alvares

Owner

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Though Mangalore is a bustling port town with vibrant Mangalorean communities which are global, there is hardly any resorts nearby. As the reviews seemed good on TA, I stayed here in Dec 2017. But it's hardly suitable for overnight stay. May be good only for Day Picnics.

I did not find it value-for-money

Room Tip: Most rooms don't have a decent river view
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ranjeet K
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

It's a good place but lacks service. Location wise a nice place. Next to a river and has large open spaces with ducks emu. Kids love that. Stayed in wooden cabin on first floor. Nice design and cosy but nails coming out of floorboards and bathroom had warm water issues but later solved. They don't have phone in room so have to call on mobile if you need something which can be cumbersome. Food was good at the river side restaurant. Pool also very inviting. Staff very polite and helpful but need more staff. Miss sajda at reception is helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
HelenRiverRoost, Manager at River Roost Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

We thank you for your feed back... Your opinion will help us to serve you better..

We look forward to see you again.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My family, 2+2 (1 kid and an infant), stayed there for 3 nights.
Some of the best parks and sightseeing spots in Mangalore are in Pilikula which is the area this resort is in.
I recommend staying in the luxury rooms. These rooms have a small veranda and offer view to the swimming pool. We went during offpeak time when the pool was under renovation. We spent enough time by the river and didn't miss the pool. For almost 2 days we were the only ones in the resort.
The resort staff is very friendly and polite.
The river is next to restaurant and one can spend hours here.
The food is not expensive and very tasty. We had our meal there 3 times and we found it worth the money.

Room Tip: Go for the Luxury rooms, they are spacious. Useful if you want an extra-bed for children. They are located best with pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
HelenRiverRoost, Manager at River Roost Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

We thank you for your stay with us . Also thank you for your valuable reviews which help us to serve you better...

We look forward to have you over again & again.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I have two wonderful experience with you. I have booked thru booking.com for two nights. A week before my stay, I got a call from them informing them that their swimming pool will be under maintenance during my stay. This was very good gesture.
Further due to Mumbai rain, my flight did not take off even after checking in at airport. Hence I have to cancel my reservation at last second and as per term they were to charge for one night. However, based on the request, they waived this cancellation fee.
I appreciate their attitude and will definitely stay again their.

Stayed: September 2017

We thank you for your positive reviews & we look forward to have you over.

Thanks & Regards,