All reviews kabab studio sana di ge kebab gold finch the heart of the city reservation staff boutique hotel value for money front office staff breakfast spread business trip coastal food superior room in room dining seafood check in was smooth the hotel staff
Reviewed 9 November 2018

I will start with what we didn't like. I stayed here on November 7,8,9th with my elderly parents.(I'm giving the dates so you can check who has been taking the calls for I.D.R on these days, especially today afternoon around 12:00pm-12:30pm) and remove them from your team. I believe there is not room for improvement for this man, despite me giving him a low down about how to behave respectfully.
All days when we called for I.D.R (I Believe it's short for in room dining service from their restaurant)- there is a particular person who attends the call who is very rash, rude and behaves like you are troubling him while you are placing your order. I let it go the first time. The second time I called to order lunch, he screamed at me saying he won't take the order as the kitchen opens only at 12:30 noon. I called at 12 noon, saying i have to checked out with my elderly parents who need to leave by 1:10 and if he could atleast take the order and deliver the same by 1:10 as it was a request. He refused to take the request and banged the phone. I called again at 12:10, 12:15 and then 12:20 when he finally answered again, which is when I lost my temper and screamed at him. He took the order finally. It was a very small order, so he again sounded irritated. They delayed bringing the food. I finally called the housekeeping boys who were more than sweet to help understanding how hassled we already were for the past two days waiting for food to reach our room. The housekeeping support staff both the night and day duty went out of their way and should be promoted because of the level of duty they did for taking care of us and making sure our food reached us at a decent hour so we could vacate and get on with our journey. This was where the problem was.
Second, the towel supplied by such a posh hotel should be newer. It's time you threw away the sets that you are sending over to your guests. The bathrooms need upgrading and most of the furnishings are beginning to look old from use.
You need to wipe and clean under the beds and around the edges of your furniture really well as we can see dust in sunlight. Otherwise, it was a very comfortable stay. We had glitches with the restaurant staff and the in room dining experience was terrible. If it were for me, I would remove all the older managers for the restaurants and replace with the younger support staff as they were the ones who were good to the guest. the breakfast menu could be improved and the bread/croissants were not soft or fresh. Food needs to be improved when you charge so much. The quantity also was less. Kori Roti is a delicacy of Mangalore, the roti was stale. It needs to be served crisp and fresh, not soggy and stale. I know I have written so much but these were the lapses I found and I feel you really need to change or fire staff who do not meet the standards of service. Screaming back or talking in an irritated manner to polite and elderly folk is not acceptable. I was breaking my head as to why I booked this place. Food is important and you need to make sure the staff who deal with this section, especially the one who takes orders are trained well to be service oriented. I need to book again every month, would I want to after this terrible experience?

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Amit_Srivasthava, General Manager at Goldfinch Mangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Dr. Praseena,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Mangalore!!

Thank you for staying with us and help us by providing your valuable feedback.

We would also like to extend our heartiest thanks for having spent your precious time in highlighting our core strengths, which not only act as guidelines but also helps us to develop a pleasant and professional atmosphere.

Please do kindly accept my sincere apologies for not meeting up to your expectations during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will be put to good use. We rely on the constructive feedback of our discerning guests to help us achieve the highest levels of services that we aspire towards.

You may rest assured the areas of concern highlighted by you have been suitably addressed and I am confident that when you do choose to visit us again, your experience will have a redefinition of luxury.

We immensely value your kind patronage and I look forward to your next visit with us and assure you of our finest services at all times.

Warm Personal Regards,

Amit Kumar Srivastava General Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Stayed here for a night when I was traveling on business. Had suite booked. The room is super big with a balcony and living area. The food at the "Kabab Studio" is impressive. They have a BBQ buffet and the food quality is very good.

An incident: They had initially interchanged naming the veg and non-veg soup. I being a veggie had to tell them about it. The manager was quick enough to apologise.

If you are traveling with family and kids, I would recommend to book the suite.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Greetings from Goldfinch Mangalore

At the outset , we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and staying with us.
At Goldfinch Mangalore it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Your feedback is shared with my team and has made a note of our lapses and assure will not repeat in future .Feedback from valuable patrons like you help us improve ourselves and exceed expectations .We do hope that you would give us opportunity to serve you again. I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Goldfinch Mangalore and would be delighted to assist you with any future requirements.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We were staying in this place very recently.From the time you step into the reception lobby you will find a very pleasing ambience.Staff were very courteous and helpful.Rooms are well furnished and maintained well.Room has tea/coffee making facility.Bath room is clean and has white fresh towels and complimentary bath and dental kit.There is nothing you can complain about the room.Everything is in order.
Morning complimentary buffet breakfast is lavish and tasty.We had dinner in their Sana-de-ge restaurant.Though it is promoted as sea food restaurant, it offers a good choice of vegetarian fare also.Service and taste of food was of a high standard.A place you will leave with happy memories.

Date of stay: October 2018
Amit_Srivasthava, General Manager at Goldfinch Mangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Greetings from Goldfinch Mangalore

At Goldfinch Mangalore it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Your feedback is shared with my team and has motivated us .Feedback from valuable patrons like you help us improve ourselves and exceed expectations .We do hope that you would give us opportunity to serve you again. I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Goldfinch Mangalore and would be delighted to assist you with any future requirements.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

A nice play in Mangalore to stay. Not very far from the main areas in the city. Hospitality is very nice and the staff are very courteous. The hotel is equipped with a good Mangalorean cuisine restaurant too. It just takes 30 minutes to reach this place from the airport.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

After reviewing I was found goldfinch is around second highest rated after gateway & equalling to 4 star hotel in mangalore. At the time of check in there was good experience & welcome with warm wishes. But the room was not properly maintained. Washroom was ok ok . Food quality is also ok not so good . On Behalf of my experience I give 2.5 star rating. So I gives 3 star rating in trip-advisor.

Date of stay: October 2018
Amit_Srivasthava, General Manager at Goldfinch Mangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Guest

Greetings from Goldfinch Mangalore!!!!!!

At Goldfinch Mangalore it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency however as per your feedback we have made note and we have made note and will improve . Feedback from valuable patrons like you help us improve ourselves and exceed expectations .
We do hope that you would give us opportunity to serve you again. I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Goldfinch Mangalore and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements