See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I had called and checked prices for 4 bed room non AC with TV and I was told that it was 950Rs.On the check out day I was told that it is 1450Rs per day.So please do check the price during booking of the rooms.You can also see the room view.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2017

The hotel is located in a busy area of Mangalore with a lot of eateries and shops in walking distance.
We stayed in room 103 for 1 night in Feb 2017. The room was spacious and clean. The beds were decent , sheets were clean , the room had an Air conditioner and a small TV with cable. There are a lot of charging points in the rooms so your gadgets wont be running out of juice.
The room also has a cupboard to keep your luggage but it was old though it does get the job done.
Bathroom was spacious and clean . We were provided with a small soap packet and clean towels. The shower works fine and we found no issues.
The only issue I found was getting hot water. The hotel has a water heater and it takes time to heat the water in the taps, so one has to waste 2 or 3 buckets of water before one can get hot water.
I decided to use cold water to avoid wasting water however in winters this may be something that may bother some people.
The hotel has a lift so it won’t be difficult for people travelling with elders . Rooms do have intercom to call up the reception.
Though the intercom in my room didn’t work I didn’t mind as I was on the 1st floor it hardly took any time or effort for me to get to reception.
Lot has been written about the authentic GSB food , however in my opinion the food was ok nothing much to rave about( I am a GSB myself). They do provide food in the room from their restaurant below. Keep in mind they only server Vegetarian food.
One may also try Taj Mahal cafe for food (which is adjacent to Ayodhya hotel.)
The hotel has good staff and this young man in particular named Manjunath was a superstar. I was travelling with my mother and she was ill. Manjunath was very helpful in getting medication from near by chemist (he had to go to 3 shops before finding the medicines which says a lot of his commitment for helping guests) . He tended to my mother with a lot of care and affection. It is something that one may not experience in expensive hotels where staff are more formal(again this is subjective but this is my opinion). Another helpful staff was guy called Kiran always available to help us with whatever we needed.
A lot of outstation buses stop outside the hotel so if you are in transit this can come in handy. Also one can get taxi arranged from the reception for site seeing. We got a taxi arranged to go the airport from the reception which was quick and easy. The taxi arrived on time and the driver was courteous and nice person to talk to.
The things that may put people off are:
• The hotel is situated on a busy road and road facing rooms will have a lot of noise.
• There is no wifi in the hotel , though for a budget hotel I don’t think it that a big deal.
• The rooms are old and may need some upkeep.

Things that are in favor of the hotel and why I would come back again here are:

• The staff is really helpful and nice people to talk to.
• The hotel is centrally located.
• The price of the room is reasonable especially if you are only using spending most of the time outside and using the room only for sleeping. Plus the hotel has a 24 hour checkin facilty which is really good in my opinion.

If you are looking for a no frills place in a budget do give this a try.

Room tip: Take 1st floor rooms and if view is not a concern take back facing room to avoid noise
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SanketRao
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Guys looking out for typical GSB cuisine. The only place which serves lip smacking GSB food is Ayodhya. Closely located to PVS circle.
Ideally order the lunch you get chapathi as default with the lunch (may cost about Rs 60 per lunch) There will be a standard masala dish (ghashi), Rasam and of course our own dalitoy ( yellow gram dal dish) there will be a dry sabji and pickles with curds and buttermilk.
During season you can try items like bittergourd bhajiya, forest bittergourd bhajiya,
and a leafy dish patrode. Also you have stuffs made from ripe and raw jack fruit.
Variety of ice creams falooda and aerated drinks served.
Cons : the vessels are old and cleanliness and silence needs to be maintained.
There is a lot of shouting in the hotel which may send some newcomers away.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank RavindraShenoy
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

At the heart of the city, known for variety of Seasonal dishes. South Indian dishes are part of the regular menu.

Hotel has a Sweets outlet and lodge which is moderately priced.

Group Famously known as Rama Lunch home which is now closed.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Smelly rooms, dirty bathroom and worst of all, hotel is ran by arrogant people, They dont care if you stay or leave. No service, no efforts to accommodate any of your needs. If you are with family, this is the worst place to stay. I left hotel within a few hours.

Date of stay: October 2016