“Worst stay in Bangalore”
Review of Southern Residency

Southern Residency
Southern Residency
Ranked #662 of 724 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Extremely dirty place. All the photos are old and they have not cleaned the place since ages.
AC do not work.
Bathrooms are Borken. Taps where leaking.
On top of that staff are extremely rude. I checked in for 30 min. Could not stand the smell of the place and moved out. While moving out they refused to refund me. I stayed there for not more than 20 min.
Such hotels should be shut down. They spoil the name of the place.

Room Tip: Pls avoid this place.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Haved stayed for 2 days in deluxe AC room and it was quite good.
Hotel is situated near main road and easy accessable from railway station.
Walkable distance from gandhi bazar.
Staffs were good and the complimentary breakfast was served to room packed as parcel.
Wifi was dead and came to know from the staff that it wont work.
It was noisy at the night from the surrounded buildings.
Any how its a budget hotel with average facilities for less cost.Reccomended for couples/family/solo travellers.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2015

I stayed in this Hotel on 12th November, 2015. When i saw this location I thought the hotel will be nice to stay with family, but when I entered the reception which is in dark to proper sittings to the visitors (provided on damaged sofa) and waiting to get key for 15 to 20 minutes and no room boy to take the luggage. Just entered the room two or three bed bugs and cockroaches welcomed me, and the TV is not working, (TV is old type), and after complaining the problem to the reception, the guy told me that he will give another room and asked me to wait in the reception and after waiting 15 minutes, he took me to another room where the fan is near the feet and there also same thing and the toilets are smelling and water is going on wastely from the taps and in this room also TV is not working and the person who is in the reception gave me nearly 15 remotes and asked to select which is working. In my 25 years of journey life that too in the Bengalure I saw these types of lodges. I REQUEST ALL THE GUYS PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS LODGE. I came out from this nasty lodge with in 30 minutes and even now I could not able to forget the toilets and person who gave me 15 remotes to select. THE WORST EXPERIENCE - better not go with families. T

Room Tip: Not Recommend to stay with family
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed with my family in Southern Residence, DVG Road Branch, Bangalore from 2nd to 5th August. Booked two room through Make my trip.com and reached the hotel at 7 PM. There was no confirmation available in the hotel. After I showed the confirmation receipt from Makemytrip, they agreed and provided one room and promised the second room in 30 minutes. But I could get it after two hours. There was no towels or bedsheets available in both the rooms. We were promised that we would get the towels the next day morning. Next day also the towels were not available and there is only one room boy available for all the rooms in the hotel. The poor guy takes 30 minutes to 2 hours to provide anything we asked for. The wifi was very weak. After many request, we got our free breakfast. When we were getting out of the hotel, the counter person asked me for Rs.50 extra because he told us that the provision for the free breakfast is Rs.50 per head. But when we checked from the hotel from where they brought the breakfast, it. costed only Rs.170, which is Rs.30 less than Ra.200 allowed by the hotel. Then why the counter manager asked for Rs. 50, extra.

Second day evening I got struck in the lift because of the power cut. Luckily the Counter person was with me in the lift. He said that the generator is available and somebody would start it in a minute. But it was not working because there was
No diesel available. I could get out of the lift by jumping out of the lift between two floors.

We got the power back after one hour and the wify stopped working till the next morning. When I got irritated and argued with the Counter person, his only reply was , if you don't like it, you can check out.

Conclusion: poor service, basic amenities not available, very dirty blankets, smelly rooms, rude manager (the counter boy) and try to cheat customers. The answer, if you don't like it CHECK OUT.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I have booked this hotel for some friends, they have came from Kolkata & stayed & happy while returning saying that they will refer this hotel in future for others. Hope the same quality & service they will maintain...

Room Tip: Helpful in late checkout
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends