“A true Health Resort and Spa with heritage accommodation”

AyurvedaGram Heritage Wellness Centre
Torrance, CA
“A true Health Resort and Spa with heritage accommodation”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Ayurvedagram health resort offers an excellent opportunity at self-healing therapies using ayurveda therapy. I have gone for panchakarma packages for body purification. I felt my body and soul gained revitalization. They provided special diet for me. The whole environment is very much beautyful, quite and charming. Various type of herbal trees can be found that i never have seen before. If one have not been inside the resort can not accually feel its environment. Service is always available on request.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank monica_torrace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Zurich
Reviewed 17 August 2008

I booked a weightloss treatment in the Ayurvedagram for April 2008. I had no recommendations and did not find any comments on this place before, but their website felt right to me. I was not disappointed. Arriving at 4:00 a.m., their driver was there to pick me up. Reception had been waiting for me, and all went smooth and friendly. They gave me the appointment with the doctor right away (it's been pre-booked by them), and left me to settle into my room.
The room was perfect for me. It was big although a bit dark but very authentic Indian which one must know and accept before going to India. It was very clean, shower and lavatory modern and clean. We always had hot water although we of course must give our own share of it and be careful with the boiler which should not be a question at all since it takes a lot of energy to operate a place like this and nobody should take constant electricity for given. Though, we never had a problem with this.
The doctors are very kind and serious. When I was there, there was one male and one lady doctor who both were very friendly and always there if you needed them. They took a lot of time for each patient and watched carefully above the individual treatments.
The place has no swimming pool but please bear in mind that they practice a very authentic ayurveda which excludes such a luxury. It is a very familiar place, meaning the guests and staff get close to each other. I do not mean "close" as invading one's privacy but "friendly close" with every respect of the Indian hospitality.
The Ayurvedagram is no luxury place and they do have a serious regime on health. If you are looking for a relaxed holiday and "a bit of ayurveda", you shouldn't go there. They take it serious and expect their guests to follow their idea. After all, they belong to a clinic and follow an idea to improve one's health.
My program was as follows: Get up an half past five, get ayurvedic medicine, go walking for one hour, then go to yoga classes, then have the morning treatment, then breakfast, have some rest, then pranayama classes, then lunch, rest again, have meditation classes and then dinner.
It is serious indeed, and there is no holiday action until late at night. You need to rest and get up very early.
I can warmly recommend this place. I made some good friends from all over the world. We guests all gathered at breakfast, lunch and dinner time, sat toghether and watched each other's progresses. Perhaps we've just been lucky but we really were a happy and terrific bunch who met there.
Our Yoga-ji was a really nice and sweet chap called Mohanty. We was a soft-spoken man and always up for a laugh. We all liked him very much and when he went away for a few days to see his family, we all missed him dearly although they had a temporary replacment for him.
My stay at the Ayurvedagram was a full success: I lost 6 kilos in 3 weeks! I felt well looked after and when I returned home, I did miss the "Ayurvedagram familiy" indeed. Now, months later, I still remember this place as one of the best I have ever been in my life, and I still thank doctors Aishwarya and Manu for looking so well after me!
After leaving the Ayurvedagram, I spent two nights at the Leela Palace in Bangalore. That place was the ultimate luxury, no question at all, but I missed the Ayurvedagram. I felt like I had left a family behind that I did not want to leave at all. All the marble, the gold and whatever luxury the Leela Palace had, could replace what the Ayurvedagram gave me. I will definitely go back, and this is no empty phrase. I waited 4 months on purpose to write this review and see if I still felt the same - and I do.

• Liked — Cleanliness, modern bathroom
  • Disliked — A bit dark in the room but it did not really bother me since one has to expect this from an authentic Indian room
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank LondiniumCross
London
Reviewed 9 May 2008

If you are thinking of trying ayurvedic treatments then try out the health resort ayurvedagram in Bangalore, India.
I have recently come back from visiting this place and was really happy with all that was on offer. The place was not too far from the airport and I was greeted by a memeber of staff at the airport upon arrival. The rooms vary. My classic room was fine for me and had a double bed with attached bathroom. Staff were pleasant and made sure i was comfortable. The treatments are based upon private consultation with the doctors. The treatments rooms were clean and had a nice ambience. Staff were really very friendly and tried to make us feel at ease. Restaurant was open aired and very pleasant atmosphere.Food was low fat and healthy options. Plenty of fresh fruit. I stayed for 15 days and felt really relaxed. They even offered money exchange at the resort.
I was very happy and would definately go back. I travelled alone as a single female and felt completely safe the entire time.
http://www.ayurvedagram.com/ is the website.

8 Thank pamkaur