All reviews sabarmati river past glory swimming pool liquor shop welcome drink star hotel river front big room great room nice hotel hotel is located in house restaurant business trip tasty food value for money visit ahmedabad breakfast spread
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Hotel is approx 8-9 KMs from airport and situation right next to Sabarmati River. Hotel staff is courteous and room service is timely and responsive. Food is awesome. Worth the price. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room with river view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ravinder S
GMCamaHotels, Front Office Manager at Cama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write about your wonderful experience at Cama Hotel – Ahmedabad.

I'm glad that we succeeded in creating a memorable stay experience for you. It is truly inspiring to learn that our associates could go that extra mile to deliver excellence in their services and we thank you for appreciating this. They will be glad to know that their services could add value to your stay.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

I had been to this place for a night halt and I felt this place is not worth the value for money. Here are my observations

Pros
a. Good location near the sabarmati river front
b. Reasonable rooms - Old rooms with some modern touch ups

Cons
a. No Car parking - They let you park the car on the hotel drive in location but the next morning the car was covered with bird poop.

b. No complimentary breakfast - This is the biggest deal breaker. We paid 2500 per room and didnt get complementary breakfast. We were informed that the breakfast is complementary at the time of check in and when we went to restaurant in the morning we were told it was not so. They charge 315/plate for breakfast for a residing guest which is ridiculous high price. I expect that I should be told about this in the check in time itself.

I believe in a big city like Ahmedabad, you should get better hotels than this to stay at similar price points so please ignore this place.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
GMCamaHotels, Front Office Manager at Cama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Ahmedabad and sharing your experience with us..
I regret the inconvenience caused during your stay and would like to offer my deepest apologies for the same. I had noted your reviews and assuring you that the corrective measures would be taken at earliest.
May I request you to contact us directly on fom@camahotelsindia.com to have more detailing on your reviews.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

My stay isn't even over yet. And I felt compelled to write my heart out in a tell all review.

Nice heritage style hotel on the river bank. But the hospitality industry is such; that you could have an awesome property but if your front line people don't have the right attitude, even the best property can give you the worst experience. A request for an early check-in is understandably the hotel's prerogative; but I was faced with an extremely rude old bald 'gentleman' who had no minimum courtesy to tell us to wait in the lobby or the restaurant or the coffee shop. To my wife's polite enquiries about if we could check in early, if not when would a room be ready; cold responses such as "No" "I don't know" while giving us only half the attention made us feel very unwelcome. (This is our first ever trip to Ahmedabad and Gujarat, and this person at the front desk was the first person we had the misfortune of interacting with.)

Nonetheless we left our luggage there and chose to go see the city. We arrived again close to the check in time and were made to wait again citing "late checkouts" by a different person now. Who probably had no idea that we had already waited a few hours. Finally 30 mins after their official check in time we saw the room. And man, what a room this was.

The entire wall on 2 sides were damp with water seepage. Paint chipping and falling off on touching it. A twin bed hurriedly converted to a double bed, while headboards are fixed to the wall. No refrigerator, no locker and a small CRT TV. The window pane broken on a side - leaving a 1 inch gap even when closed. The damp and soggy walls are a perfect setting for germs to grow and make you sick! I'm glad my stay is only for 1 night.
Although the hotel boasts of a swimming pool, it probably still had water from a few months ago.

If your budget is 3.5k to 4k INR, there are multiple better hotels nearby. Avoid Cama at any cost. This place doesn't even offer half your money's worth. And some of the unprofessional staff can really rob you of peace and make it all a rather distasteful and unpleasant experience.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Biswadeep R

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I was very skeptical about staying at Cama because I got a great deal online. But it was a great stay. I was travelling for work for two days and found the property just so well-suited. It is near the riverfront. You should request for rooms facing the riverfront. The view is nice. The food is sumptuous. The breakfast, if not included in room rent, is quite reasonable and under Rs 400 with taxes.
It is an old-style hotel which gives you traditional hospitality. The rooms are not very sound-proof but HUGE and have wooden flooring. They are very well done up.
The in-house restaurant Silver Leaf is great for dinners.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and facing river front.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I was told The hotel has been designed by a legend Charles corea, the location is nice near riverfront. One can take nice stroll along the river. Being old, rooms are big. But they need makeover. Taps were leaky.. False ceiling was missing just after I entered the room. TV remotes did not work. Had to call house keeping who first switched on TV and then interchanged batteries so that I can operate satellite channels. As a result later I could not switch off the TV. Had to interchange batteries to switch it off again. Hot water was actually lukewarm. Breakfast had some choices however cake appeared stale, fruits were not of top quality. Dosa however was delivered hot and fresh and was nice. The staff is not really professional.overall OK stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business