“Excellent for Business”

Cambay Grand Ahmedabad
Ranked #136 of 161 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I had an excellent stay at the hotel. I was picked by the hotel staff from the airport and reached the hotel to begin a very positive day. Very nice rooms with a great ambiance. Courteous staff and excellent food.

Over all a nice business hotel.

Room Tip: I took the corner room as had to work out of my room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 December 2011

The hotel is good and near the SG Highway,but away from it also.So no noise and pollution.Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We booked Cambay Grand for 6 nights during a recent work trip and got a confirmation from the hotel. Strangely, on reaching the hotel, they told us they did not have a reservation. I forwarded the e-mail they had sent me and they took more than half an hour to find my reservation. All this while we were seated in a lobby, with our luggage.

The rooms are nice, recently renovated but the management can't maintain them. Signs of unprofessional behaviour are visible throughout the hotel - right from cleaning staff (and their cleaning equipment) occupying the guest lift all day to trash and used towels visible in every corner. One evening we returned to see the dinner plates of the previous night still lying outside our room.

The hotel claims to have a spa and gym that runs from 8 am to 8 pm -- BUT -- they don't actually open till 10 am. The last treatment MUST finish by 6:30 pm because the staff don't get a bus home after that -- THEN WHY NOT CHANGE THE TIMINGS?

The 'multi-cuisine" restaurant serves you their own (oily and salty) version of food. The waiters are unaware of what food is on the menu. The waiters also keep playing whatever they want on the TV in the restaurant really loud. You can also hear constant fights between the staff members at the restaurant most of the time.

The daily breakfast is the EXACT same everyday -- sometimes I wondered if they actually just froze the leftovers and kept them back the next day. You can ask for a dosa or an egg but they take almost 40/45 minutes to serve it.

Room service is extremely slow. We asked for a Coke which they took half an hour to get - but without an opener. The opener took another half an hour by when the Coke had gone warm. One day we asked for extra pillows but they FORGOT to bring them.

The in-room mini bar was empty - even though we asked them to fill it up - no action after 2 days. We gave up.

Strangely, I also noticed a lot of underage staff working at the hotel -- I felt it was wrong to charge someone five star prices and hire kids for cheap. It's illegal and unprofessional.

Somehow I got the feeling that the hotel was run more like an experiment than a business.

Lastly, the hotel refused to give me a copy of the bill stating that their software only printed two copies (!) and they needed both. On trying to explain to them that I needed the invoice copy since it was a business trip they said they can't give me one. I finally settled for a photocopy of the invoice as I was getting late for my flight.

I must admit though I booked this hotel at half the rack rate though an online web promo and was still annoyed with service at those rates, i can't even imagine how mad I would be if I had paid the full price (or even slightly discounted) like most business travelers would end up paying.

For the same price I'd recommend the Courtyard Marriott or Lemon Tree (cheaper - much better)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Food and service in banquet hall and rooms were not up to the standards. If you are willing to wait for hours for room service this will be good place to stay.. We used to call for food atleast 1 hour before it use to be bough to room.. Banquet hall food was not hygiene and had issues with spicies.. either too salty or too spicy. also food served was not hot. Recommed to check other hotels nearby before booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Internet is very costly as there is no availbility. $12/12 hours. Please check all extra requirement...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We arrived from US for 4 days stay in Cambay. Had very terrible time. Daily we had to go down for room keys. Room service took 1-2 hours for food. Food either too spicy or too salt. Restroom had bad smell . Had to call 10 times to reception for cleaning but no response. Hotel is not up to the standards for the price we pay. Would not recommend anyone who are looking for hygiene.

• Stayed: December 2011