As we wanted to see North Goa before heading to quiet South we booked Sonesta Inn for 3 nights.
The hotel is located near the sea in good Candolim beach. There are many shacks on the beach, but it isn't too crowded. You have to bring (or buy) your own beach towels, though. The hotel pool is OK by size, but it may be difficult to get a bathing chair.
Rooms are spacious and very clean, sheets and towels show some wear, but this is within OK limits. The door might be a little thicker if you get loud neighbours. The TV is in awkard place and difficult to watch. The inroom menu has lots of choices and good prices (just don't order pizza). The food is also very nice. Only thing you can really complain is the breakfast - limitied choices and they don't even serve normal coffee.
Staff is friendly and everything is arranged quickly if "inside main process" - you can't have wifi password outside office hours etc.
Overall nice place and good value hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 3 star resort in Goa with a perfect beachside location on the beautiful stretch of Candolim's Golden Sands, an ideal place to relax. Tastefully arranged around a vast central pool area, a gently shelving expanse of sand and garden runs from the grounds to the warm waters of the Arabian Sea, the scene of a spectacular sunset almost every evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sonesta Inns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Inns Hotel Candolim
- Sonesta Hotel Candolim
- Sonesta Candolim
- Candolim Sonesta
- Sonesta Inns Hotel Goa
- Sonesta Inns Goa/Candolim