“Take a detour a block off the main drag”

Our Country Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 August 2018

When I travel, I like to eschew the chains, and try the locals, but I've found it pays to do a little research first. When I know we'd be in Alamogordo late morning on a recent trip, this place popped out in the reviews as one I wanted to try. It was a good choice. Most of us opted for breakfast, and it was what I wanted after a week of hotel breakfast buffets -- a real, "home" cooked proper breakfast. One in our party raved about the huevos rancheros, but everything was cooked properly, from scratch, and with friendly service. Small place, with street parking, but worth the one-block jog to the east.

2  Thank WSIII

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The food is home made goodness! The staff is friendly, great atmosphere! The waitress was new and apologized for the not knowing the menu but she had no reason to be sorry! She did great and we had a large party!

1  Thank kaelliot85
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My mother and I stopped for lunch before her doctor’s appointment. The restaurant we had originally planned to eat at had closed down. We saw the sign to Our Country Kitchen and decided to try it. We both had the steak fingers plate and a cup of green chile stew. Coming from Hatch, my mother is very picky on her green chile. The stew was perfect. Great chile and seasonings. The steak fingers were hand breaded and were tender and delicious. We will definitely go back again

1  Thank Renee C
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The pancakes are delicious. The hash is to die for. There is just something about the atmosphere that makes you feel at home. There is real love in this place and you can feel it when you’re there.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Great food in a homey atmosphere. Betty Boop and historical fun decorations. The service was excellent and friendly.