“My favorite place to eat in Alamogordo”
Review of Thai Cuisine

Thai Cuisine
Ranked #9 of 95 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I was never really crazy about Thai food until I ate at this restaurant. I have dined-in 4 times, but get take-out frequently. You don't have to order ahead of time, because the food is prepared rather quickly, and I have never waited over 10 minutes. The people that work there are friendly and like to chat with you while you wait. If you have never tried Shrimp Basil fried rice, I highly recommend it. The wontons and spring rolls are tasty too.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

This restaurant is apparently a remodeled retail building of some sort. If you start on the left side of the building, you'll discover 4 or 5 false doors, with no exterior handles. You will stand looking in the window and see food being served inside but no way in. If you persist in your circumnavigation of the building, you'll eventually find the door in.

Three of us each ordered for ourselves. Amongst our choices were the seaweed salad (good, standard fair), edamame (again, fine, generous portion), a stir fried rice, a noodle dish, a spider roll, and a nigiri sushi 2-piece chef's choice.

I didn't try the noodle dish but the person who did seemed satisfied. He liked that it had jalapeño peppers. The rice was quite tasty, and the chicken pieces were much larger then you'd see in most stir fried rice. The spider roll was nicely presented, and very tasty. The sauces were applied generously.

We finished dinner by trying something we'd never seen before, deep fried cheesecake. In this case, combining two good things yielded something less good. I love cheesecake, this was like ruined cheesecake to me. Others at the table liked deep fried food, but not cheesecake, and they didn't like it either. An oddity to try once at most.

The chef's choice nigiri sushi were generic and uninspired, but quality was fine.

Overall, would definitely go back. The server had a sense of humor.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

As others come and go in the food industry it's nice to have the Thai Cuisine remain. They have a nice variety on their menu, it's authentic and most importantly taste good. We frequent as often as possible. Enjoy a curry dish (mild,reg,hot or Thai hot.), pad thai or their daily special. Oh did I mention if you are active duty or retired military they offer a discount. A good meal and money in your wallet too! That's nice. Carl the owner, if working, will greet you as you enter and his wife the chef will prepare your meal. You might want to add an order of egg roll (3) as a starter but let them cool down as they are fresh and hot. If you are traveling in an RV they are with in walking distance of the Wal Mart so park your rig walk east toward the mountain past the Discount Tire and enjoy lunch or a dinner.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We went here because of the reviews. We went at lunch because we like to try new places with lunch prices.
My husband had the p3 combo ..don’t remember what it was called. But we didn’t like it. Very little meat. It had an odd flavor which we figured out tasted like fennel. The egg roll was good.
I had the pad Thai with chicken. Again had to look for chicken. Positive was it was white meat. It was alright.
Service was fine. Friendly staff. They did give senior and military 10% discount.
We will not be returning.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I will be back again while I'm in town to try another dish. That said, I could eat Thai about every day!

I do wish they had some Thai beer on the menu.

Been to Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!