“Home Suite Home”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Reviewed 18 June 2016

When traveling, whatever the reason, the hotel can make or break the trip. This was such a comforting place to sit and visit with friends, share a cup of coffee or be refreshed by the (very cold) pool. The staff was welcoming and everything was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2016

I am a die hard Marriott Platinum Member, and this was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I got scabies from the room. I am a Physician, and I have two note from a Dermatologist and another Internist that I had scabies from my stay there. That is the only place I had slept besides my home, and no one in my home got scabies. I had to spend hundreds of dollars for treatment, Dermatology appt, getting all my clothes and suitcases cleaned. The management never returned my calls except to say that they didn't find any bugs. I worked under horrendous conditions doing 12 hour shifts with extreme itching. They offered me finally 15,000 points which were never even posted. As you can see in other reviews, there were multiple times that my room was not even serviced. I would work 12 hour shifts and come home to a dirty room. This hotel is not up to Marriott standards. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
7  Thank leslie g
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Hotel was just perfect. Our room was quiet and our beds were excellent. The free breakfast was very good also, plenty to eat and coffee, juice and milk. The hotel is in an area of newer hotel properties while many of the older independent places are just a little farther north. This location was adjacent to the highway which carried us to the White Sands National Monument, less than a half hour away.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2016

My husband and I have always been Hampton junkies, but decided to give this place a try. We had never stayed at a Fairfield, so we were a little worried.Once we checked in, we were given our key and we headed to our room. Tired from our long drive we were excited to have the chance to relax. Well..... we opened the door to our room and their was a coffee cup by the TV, the pull out bed was in disarray and there were used towels on the bathroom floor... My husband and soon became extremely worried that someone was still in there so we called out..."Hello!!!!" and thank goodness we go no response!!!! So we left the room, headed back downstairs and told the gal upfront that the room they gave us had not been serviced. She was surprised and gave us another room. My husband was slightly annoyed and wanted to drive over to the Hampton which is literally a stones throw away. But I was tired and just got the key to the other room. We got to our room and it had been serviced. The rooms design is interesting and the bed was comfy. The breakfast is typical. The hotel was filled with kids who were there for some kind of team sport, so it was noisy (loud talking,laughing and slamming of doors etc). I also noticed several religious figures on and around the front desk which I found to be different from any place I have ever stayed at. All in all... it was an experience. And we can now say we have stayed at a Fairfield.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2016

The hotel is one of the newest in Alamogordo and look nice from the outside. The rooms are large with high ceilings. The decor and furnishings are in good condition.

Housekeeping, cleanliness and freshness are all disappointing. There were water stains on the bathroom glass (I hope they were water stains). The metal surfaces of the elevator and the glass doors were teeming with fingerprint marks, and smudges.
There were lots of wet spots and footprints in the carpets from the pool which is unavoidably located in a central location on the first floor.

There was a heavy perfume scent in the room, which I hope was not to cover up a worse smell, but the whole place just did not have a fresh feel. It was better with the windows open.
They have free breakfast, but I didn't stay for that.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business