“Good Rooms but Overall Service Not Good”
Review of Luxor Inn

Luxor Inn
Ranked #156 of 347 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed over here for a long term(for some 5 months). The rooms were quite good in size and well arranged. The initial experience was quite good. However there are some serious problems associated:

1. Biggest problem is often the taps run out of water and the hotel authorities keep telling that it'll resume within a few minutes. Although in one occasion water was supplied using bucket, but in 2 other there was no support.
2. The internet is pathetic, at least in the evening. On some days it was totally down.
3. I had asked for an extra container of drinking water in the room as every day I needed to get it refilled, however they refused to provide saying it won't be possible for them. However when asked to get water filled up, the service was pathetic and often required me to make calls twice or thrice.
4. The electronic appliances were old and required maintenance. On one particularly water started dripping from the AC machine. Also the AC had a peculiar problem where often it would power on but the cooling system won't initiate till a long time. This prob was not solved till the end.
5. Food quality was not upto the mark, and not at all good for long term stay as it is too spicy for regular consumption. The quality of dining service even deteriorated with time.

Overall I would conclude it may be good for a short stay as the rooms are comfortable as such. However if you are paying the tariff published in the hotel's website, then I would say you can get a better place by paying less.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank mukhprobal

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Good service, clean room, decent WiFi speeds & great food. I stayed in the delux room and found it be good value for the money you spend on it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Luxor Inn is a fairly good place to stay. Very well maintained in terms of cleanliness, timely service and the staff. They have an awesome breakfast menu undoubtedly and overall a good service! The staff were really helpful in giving suggestions in terms of finding apartments, helping me take my luggage once i checked out to a nearby apartment due to auto strike. However, the overly priced menu and lesser options of food in that menu is a little bit disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a microwave! Easier to heat or make instant tea or coffee! Corner room any fl...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank infomation4u
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I stayed at this place for around two weeks from 27th june to 11th July 2010. The staff was very helpful and helped me with my planning for going around Hyderabad. Later they also helped call cabs and find me a permanent residence. Its hard to find Inns who help with all these things.

it was my girlfriends birthday when I arrived and I had called them up and asked for a cake to be arranged the moment I reach the hotel. She was staying at Luxor Residency(sister concern) they helped get everything I needed to surprise her and I really thank them for it

I was hospitalized during the stay due to Malaria I picked up in Mumbai, and the staff took care of me after I had come back from the hospital. The staff very politely heard me out when I needed something.

Wifi speeds were great and service as well even after midnight.

The food was not of my liking but the snacks were nice. Rooms could do better with the colors as compared to their sister Luxor residency which has awesome interiors and appliances compared to Luxor Inn.

I would recommend Luxor to whoever comes and plans to stay near Hitech city in Hyderabad

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business