See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I came with my husband and my 3 kids, the youngest is 5, and my kids can stay all in one bed, like we always do when we travel like this, they wanted to charge me extra for another bed which we DO NOT need, and when I explained, they were not receptive, we then asked to talk to the manager but the lady in the front desk was very rude, said she was the one in charge and she had ZERO customer service skills. TERRIBLE SERVICE. we left.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I gave this hotel a 5 because of the area that you are in Honduras. The beach is right in front of the hotel and they have a very nice clean pool and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Everything is reasonably priced and the food there is pretty good. The staff is great and they will go off site to buy you anything you need if they don't have it at the hotel they even went and bought us some of the best fried chicken with French fries I have had because it was after hours and the onsite restaurant had closed already they also went and purchased a 12 pack of beer for us since the restaurant was closed also. Best service I have ever had in any hotel in a third world country even better than a lot of places in the U.S. The rooms are nice and clean and good enough to sleep and shower and relax don't expect a luxury room cmon your in Honduras but they did not disappoint. Overall it was a great experience room was nice and cold staff was great and restaurant and pool were a plus. They also had an armed guard at the front of the hotel so felt very safe. A good tip goes a long way in these country's and regardless if you tip well or not you will still get great service.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I flew into San Pedro Sula for a six-day get away. We wanted to stay by the beach so we rented a car and drove to Puerto Cortes. After searching many websites to find a suitable hotel I came across a hotel Costa azul. We drove a rental car in but there are actually two hotels by the same name so I recommend checking your GPS to make sure you're going to the right one. We accidentally went to the wrong one and then they directed us to the hotel costa azul located on county beach. It is a three star hotel but there is nothing else in the area that is higher rated or better located than this hotel. It has free parking and free Wi-Fi and free breakfast every morning that is made to order regardless of what time you wake up. The rooms are minimum at best but the TV has extended cable channels with HBO in English. The staff are incredibly hospitable and very very nice. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler coming down this way!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel felt quaint and safe. Very clean , beach directly across the street. I was impressed at cleanliness of the beach and the pool area within the hotel. Restaurant had good food. The front desk very profession and nice lobby area. This will be my go to hotel when visiting Puerto Cortes.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank PeggyandCarlos
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I would give this hotel about 3.5 stars. Some room for improvement but overall it was good.

The restaurant onsite had pretty good food. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at some point of our entire stay. We also ordered one bottle and buckets of beer for a reasonable price.

The pool was cool at night and had a pool party feel with the lights.

The rooms is where you need improvement. The wifi is so spotty in the room. It barely worked for us to make calls from our cells. The cleaners could've done a better job in the betters. There were spider webs and it was dusty. Also the fact that they leave the doors open until you enter your room is a bad idea. Our room had swarms of mosquitos due to this. The bed was kind of hard as well. They did have a guard in front, so we felt safe.

We did like that it was across the street from the beach and there were other bars/restaurants along that street. It was really only busy on the weekends.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family