2,017 results
All reviews stayed at le meridien sandy bottom french polynesia overwater bungalow grocery store koi pond la plantation pool bar fish chez remy windstar cruise other islands per person free wifi in the lobby french restaurant hotel shuttle the main hotel
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I must admit I was a little nervous about our stay hear because of such mixed reviews and wanted it to be special, its not everyday you going to go to Tahiti!! From the moment we arrived until the end of our stay, we could not fault this hotel in anyway. Yes, it could do with a little make over in certain areas, a lick of paint here or an update there, but it is sumptuous! ! The gardens are well manicured, the pool area with the lagoon and beach is just beautiful and the staff all polite and very attentative. The food in the Plantation restaurant was excellent and yes, some would say expensive but only like city prices in the UK, not excessive by any means and excellent quality with a good range of choice. I would not have any problem staying here again and would dearly love if I ever got the opportunity. Still on a high from an amazing experience in paradise......

Room Tip: ask to be on 5th floor or above
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The first time I stayed at this hotel I was absolutely blown away!!! From the amazing grand entrance, to the amazing views from the lobby and down to the bungalows!!! I could go on and on and on and on...if you remotely have the chance to make your way out to French Polynesia, STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
fan689, assistante de direction at Hotel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort - Managed by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Ia Ora Na,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive impression on our hotel, which is a fantastic motivation for our team. We hope to see you again soon (maybe in vacations !) Sunny regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I spent 1 night on my way in to Papeete. My final destination was a tour in
Moorea for 10 days so this was just an overnight. They gave me a "garden room". It was the view of a mound of grass and the room smelled like must and dirt. Nothing worked in the room. Not the hairdryer nor the USB ports so I had to unplug lights to charge my computer and phone. I called for assistance and and no one could do anything about it nor did they care. The bathroom was so dirty I was uncomfortable standing in the shower barefoot. (Pictures below)

I checked in again on the 15th to spend 8 hours here before my flight left at midnight. The hours I needed didn't fall into their day rate hours so I paid for an overnight. TripAdvisor says they give free shuttles to the airport. This was the reason I chose this place since taxis are about $30 from the hotel to the airport. They just told me I have to pay my own taxi. I asked to speak to the manager and they said he's not here till Monday. No one was willing to help or to make things better. No one at the reception cares nor are they helpful.

This is the worst experience I've had in a while. The people working at the reception are not friendly and barely speak English as well as being inefficient. They had a line of 20 or so people waiting to check in and it took them forever to do so.

While checking out 8 hours later, on top of not getting me an airport shuttle AS THEY ASVERTISE ON TRIP ADVISOR, they also charged me a fee for wifi which they didn't disclose until I checked out.

The INTERCONTINETAL is a bit more expensive but they deliver on what they advertise. Please consider staying there. Le Meridien TAHITI is NOT the place to stay if you're looking for a nice place to stay overnight en route to another island. They are rude and they absolutely don't care about your needs or your experience with them.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Adventurera6
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We came back to stay in bungalow on the water!!! Wow!!!! To be up early just to see all the marine life which you get to see in an aquarium under your bungalow!!! What more could you want!!! Then to go kayaking and then snorkeling!!!! Watch people hang glide around you paradise!!!!
Plus all staff so helpful in any way you do not want to leave plus the breakfast buffet is to die for !!!
Yep it is worth 5 stars!!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

It's a very good hotel with a lot of nice of facilities. We thought the breakfast was to expensive so we went out and walked for 5 minutes to a local shop/restaurant to have croissants and coffee. The pool provides free towels, snorkels and vins (for the sea off course) and the pool bar is ok. Except one of the waiters. He was to young and really inexperienced. Rooms are big and a bit out dated but that's wasn't a problem. The bed was very good. Also the staff was always very helpful. At first we thought the Internet on the room had to be bought extra but the front desk made a Complimentary SPG (hotel group) account for us which made the Internet free. A good place to stay on Tahiti.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple