All reviews beachfront bure dive operation meal plan dive sites ocean view village tour viti levu lovo night private plunge pool raki raki local village snorkeling trip our honeymoon bligh waters outdoor shower free activities island picnic
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Our first trip to Fiji and my partners first trip overseas has set a very high benchmark for our future adventures. Truly AMAZING!!

Having booked our Wananavu Beach Resort holiday through Living Social Deals I was a tad apprehensive about what we were going to encounter upon arriving in Fiji....boy were we surprised!!!!

Even when corresponding with staff regarding our booking I felt very at ease with their professionalism and attention to detail.
The staff are the friendliest, genuinely nicest people we have meet. They made our stay so much more inviting and enjoyable. From the moment we arrived and were met by Grace at reception, her friendly, gentle nature making us feel very welcomed. We were invited to relax and have a bite to eat for breakfast whilst they took care of our luggage.
Ma, Vulo, Nate, Sili, Tina, Eta, Taniela, Sami, Meli, Veinna, they took care of all our needs for every meal we attended with bountiful smiles and personalities to match. Every night the band plays absolutely beautiful relaxing music and make you feel so at ease.

We originally intended to have a really relaxing laid back holiday, not really doing alot, but we were enticed by the activities that are offered each day.
These included, island tours, snorkelling, village tours, waterfall sliding, kayaking, swimming, spa treatments and our favourite was diving.
Jeremy and Kristen made our Fiji diving experience one we will always treasure. We were privileged to be included in a dive out to the Bligh Waters, which cemented our love for the sport and our want to continue diving.
Vorsori and Evoloni help with every need for activities and are enthralling to listen to. Evoloni has such a beautiful nature and has so much wisdom, we were mesmerised by all he taught us.

Thankyou Ben and Rachel for a fantastic holiday to 'the real Fiji'
We even had a tear in our eyes when we left.......
We would definitely recommend WANANAVU to all our friends and hopefully we will be back there soon.

Room Tip: We started in a basic Beach View Bure which was very well fit out and comfortable. We got an upgrade to a Beach Front Bure, the view was inspiring and room very comfortable. On our last two nights the resort upgraded us to the Honeymoon Bure...I can't describe how beautiful this was, exceptional view, spacious, gorgeous outside private shower and a private plunge pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank catherine c
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We had booked in for a company re-treat before Christmas.......and it was awesome! Beautiful rooms, simple from the outside, breathtaking once you step inside (this is after you turn on the lights off-course ;)

I had taken a dive trip and the staff were great. Beautiful sites, modern equipment and good company! Wouldn't mind going back. I had been to Wananavu previously and this time things were not the same, it was better!! Who knew you could get a 5 star treatment in the middle of a jungle ;)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I could not, not write a review for Wananavu to tell you all how simply AMAZING this place is. We were married at Wananavu in early May and I cannot tell you how awesome the week and our wedding day was. There are no words that can describe it.

Our pre wedding week was full of activities for our guests, including snorkelling, diving, spa treatments, fishing, and even a cocktail party at Villa Vanua! The cocktail party was amazing and so much more than I anticipated. We planned on fish and chips in paper for dinner and when we arrived, the staff had organised a complete buffet (inc fish/chips) with beautiful tables around the pool! It was so great and all our guests commented on it.

We also organised a fishing charter and the activity guys went out of their way to help make the day everything we wanted!

Our wedding day was absolutely magical! Rachel handled EVERYTHING and I really did not have to worry about one thing. Rachel is a fantastic wedding co-ordinator. Obviously I was given advise to try to just enjoy the day and take in every moment, and I really did because of Rachel. I can not thank her enough for everything she did for us.

If anyone is considering marrying overseas, I would HIGHLY recommend Wananavu. I recommend the premium package they offer, which includes EVERYTHING you want/need for the wedding and reception, inc an awesome photographer, Lyndon! There were extra things were wanted for our wedding, eg. certain decorative flowers, tables arrangements etc and Rachel did everything she could to make this happen for us. And for those brides-to-be, don't stress about finding a hair and make up artist because Rachel is AMAZING. I loved our hair for the wedding and Rachel has a huge MAC make up spread!

What really makes this place special is the personable experience we had. You would not get this service at a bigger resort in Denarau. It really is "the real Fiji". I cannot wait to get back there and see Rachel, Ben and all the staff at Wananavu. And I can tell you, they will probably still remember your name!

Thank you so much Ben and Rachel for making our wedding day the most memorable and best days of our life, for not only us, but our guests as well!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Bures are beautiful with their own private plunge pool. The Beachfronts really are beachfront and just beautiful as are the ocean views!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Natasha W
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was my first visit to Wananavu. It is located on the north end of Vitu Levu; it is a solid 2 hour van ride from Nadi airport. It is on a beautiful setting on a ridge overlooking the water. I had a beach front bure that was quite spacious with a large bath and a deck looking onto the beach. The electrical outlets in the room had limited accessibility since their configuration did not allow space for a power converter. I did a lot of plugging and unplugging. No big deal. The room was a short walk to both the dive shop and the restaurant/bar.

The food at the restaurant was very good with a wide selection and daily specials. Great desserts. Kava was offered at dinner. A decent selection of wine and beer (not included in package) was available at reasonable prices for Fiji. Most meals were tasty and plentiful with the exception of the "Scottish Steak" that was more like a Scotsman's rump -- very tough and inedible. Stick with the seafood, pork and chicken.

Moderately priced WiFi is available.

The resort offers plenty of non-diving activities. I recommend the trip to the Narara village and waterfall.

The entire Wananavu staff was very warm, friendly and helpful. I can still hear Ma's joyous, boisterous laugh now.

The dive operation is through Reef Safari Divers and is located on the premises. This is a well managed operation with experienced local dive guides. It offers 2-tank AM trips and 1-tank PM trips; 3-tank all day trips can be arranged with a day's notice.

The dive boat can comfortably handle 10 divers and crew; with more divers, it gets very crowded quickly. We had a couple of days with 15+ divers and crew; too many. The operation could use another dive boat.

The best diving is out at Vatu I Ra Reef in the Bligh Waters. E6, Mount Mutiny, Mellow Yellow and Garden of Eden are awesome dive sites. These are the best dive sites if sea conditions allow access; it can get very choppy. These sites are covered with beautiful soft corals.

Most of the dive sites nearer the resort are OK. Others are marginal with lots of rubble and low viz (Breath Taker and Dragon Tales).

Water and towels are provided on board; there is plenty of dry storage.

Regarding marine life, we had encounters with potato grouper, blueribbon eels, blue crown jellyfish, anemonefish, lots of shrimp gobies, a few whitetip sharks, nudis, schooling barracuda, reef fish.

The Reef Safari crew was very friendly and helpful. They were good dive guides; loaded/unloaded and rinsed gear.

When my dive travels return me to Fiji I will definitely consider another visit to Wananavu.

Room Tip: Book a beach front bure; right on the beach and more spacious; a little bit of a uphill walk to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank DiverMiguelito
Reviewed 8 May 2012

When you've had a fantastic experience at a resort - see my previous review of Wananavu - you always wonder if the next visit will be as good.

While driving up from Suva on the Thursday before Easter this year that is exactly what was running through my mind.

More of the bad road has been tarred but there is still enough "bad" road to make the trip memorable. Stunning scenery and it was really interesting to see how high the floods had come up from the now very sedate river. I should point out the road only re-opened the day before I travelled up after being closed for more than a week.

On arrival I received a fantastic reception. Meriame (oops spelling?) immediately said Hello John as I walked in. I put this down to the fact that we'd corresponded in relation to my booking.

After taking my bags to my bure (I'd been upgraded to a beachfront Bure - thanks Ben and Rache,) I was sitting having a beer on the deck overlooking the beautiful bay. A staff member came on duty and walked behind me. I turned around to see who it was. Ma not only recognised me but remembered my name and even when I'd been at the resort. Given I'd only been there for 3 nights, 6 months before I thought this was fantastic.

That happened 4 or 5 times more during the course of that day and the next. You could see by the look on the faces greeting me that this wasn't the result of a briefing or planned event.

As for the resort - beautifully maintained, excellent food, even better service.

Experienced my first dive which was great although the water was still a bit murky after the recent floods. Out in Bligh's Passage this apparently wasn't an issue.

I was there on my own and at each mealtime I was invited to join other guests (who I had not met before that weekend) or else was invited to join Ben and Rache and their guests. I begged off at some breakfasts and lunches as all I wanted to do was read my book and enjoy the scenery!!

I also saw the villa which forms part of the resort when I took some photos for a wedding party who didn't have a photographer. For a family group of a few couples / friends travelling together this is a fantastic option. Unbelievable facilities, great pool and views you just can't believe, with all the facilities of the resort just a short walk down the hill.

Will I go back to Wananavu - Definitely - just not soon enough.

Would I recommend it to friends and family - without question.

In conclusion we were having a beer one evening before dinner. I was chatting to some of the people I'd met at the resort. A group had just arrived for the wedding referred to above. There were about 8 or 10 of them. They were enjoying cocktails when they were invited to take part in a Kava ceremony. They were not that keen until one of the fantastic staff started calling them up one by one by name. One of the guys commented "We've only just arrived - how does she know all our names?"

The answer is easy - you're at Wananavu!!

Room Tip: All bures are great. The ones with an ocean view are awesome. Check out the website!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo