Wananavu Beach Resort
Tanoa Rakiraki Hotel(Rakiraki)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$84
US$245
US$194
  • Pool
Vatia Beach Eco Resort(Tavua)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$30
  • Breakfast included
Naigani Island Resort(Naigani Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeachfront buredive operationmeal plandive siteshour drive from the airportvillage tourocean viewdaily specialsviti levulovo nightprivate plunge poolmeal packageraki rakisnorkeling triplocal villageour honeymoonbligh waters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We started our honeymoon in November 2011 with a 2.5 hour car ride to Wananavu from Nadi airport on a 40 degree day, despite feeling motion sickness it was a fantastic way to see the sides of the island that we would not have seen otherwise. Whilst driving in the air conditioned 4WD we passed lots of children walking along the road, people selling fish and fresh fruit in road stalls and every single person had a smile or a wave for us. The people are so lovely, even to strangers.

We were welcomed to Wananavu by smiling staff with cold wash cloths and fruit cocktails and then taken to our honeymoon bure which had its own private plunge pool. We did not go in the main guest pool once, as this pool and decking was all we needed.

The food was 10/10 delicious, and the staff were also 10/10 amazing making such an effort for us and always knowing our names. From the hotel staff to security, everyone was fantastic and this was well appreciated by my husband and I.

I had a coconut scrub massage at the spa which was good also.

If you like your pillows a certain way, I would say to take your own from home as neither my husband nor I could sleep on these flat airy pillows. We asked if they had more and within 5 minutes we had new pillows, but found they had just put 2 in 1 pillow case, which was good for my husband but I ended up sleeping with a cushion from the couch and that was perfect.

There is no TV in the rooms, and the Wi-Fi internet is not free as I have read on some other reviews.

We spent our mornings playing tennis, kayaking and sun baking. We were only there for 3 nights which did not seem long enough.

If you are considering going to Wananavu, but are not sure about the distance, I would say to go anyway. It is a fantastic resort and we will definitely be going back there on our next trip to Fiji!

Vinaka!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maryanne K
Reviewed 4 December 2011

While we did not stay at the resort(we were at Dreamview Villas just up the hill)we ate here several times and did as many snorkel and tour trips as we could. I can't say enough about the effort by every staff member to call us and greet us by our names which they memorized the first night we were there for dinner. the food was very good, the service impeccable and the resort a beautiful and idyllic little slice of paradise and very well managed and maintained.

We also took several trips with Ricky, the activities manager and boat driver . We recommend the waterfall trip and the snorkel trips the most, especially the outer reef. Vasori was as friendly accommodating and attentive as he could have been and we really enjoyed it all. The little gift shop was great and the wifi, though a little sporadic at times due to such a remote location actually could be received in a weak signal at the top floor of our villa up the hill a half mile away.

We ate numerous meals at our villa and shopped in nearby Rakiraki. The open air vegetable market was great, the grocery stores were more basic and limited, but we made due and found most everything we desired by going to usually all three of the supermarkets in town. The seafood and cuts of meat were nit high quality but passable and not surprising for what is a fairly poor country and a rural area. But that aside, we really enjoyed the people, the sights and experiencing the real Fiji away from the big tourist hubs. I would encourage anyone looking for a real slice of paradise to visit the sunshine coast of Viti Levu and most specifically the best of just a couple of resorts there, Wananavu. Thanks to Ben and all the staff...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun030
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We spent our last few days in Fiji at Wananavu & we wish we could have spent more time there. The staff, the location, the room, the food, the service, & all the added extras were superb. The scuba diving, with Kristen & Jeremy, was spectacular. With them, our safety & satisfaction were number one. They run a tight ship with the dive operation...we would like to mention Joe, Mere, Tue, Josh, & Jimmy also for putting big smiles on our faces. We were in Fiji for over 6 months this year & had the chance to visit many places...this was, by far, the best! Many thanks to Ben & Rachel, as well, for their attention to detail in providing warm hospitality. We look forward to seeing you all again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My wife and I just spent ten memorable days at this wonderful dive resort and can honestly say it was absolutely fabulous. This resort is under a superb management team that clearly understands customer satisfaction. The entire staff is most friendly and very helpful. They clearly want your stay to be an experience of a lifetime. The kitchen is world class, with a diverse and healthy menu, excellently prepared and wonderfully presented. Our accommodations (the Honeymoon Brue) were extremely comfortable with a spectacular view of the Fijian waters, restful bed, wonderful dipping pool, and invigorating showers. The on-site dive operation at the resort, Reef Safari truly made my vacation. Their experienced dive masters ensured that even an average diver like me captured the beauty and wonder of the reef environment. It is also a first class operation and their planned addition of a new dive boat and Nitrox capability will make it even better. Wananavu is remote enough to make you feel like you are in the “real Fiji” and not on some big name resort island. It is also not so large that is can become overcrowded. We are definitely sold on this resort and plan to return for another stay at Wananavu.

Room Tip: All bures are great but the Honeymoon bures are special.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry B
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Over the last years we have stayed at Wananavu Beach Resort a number of times if you look back you will see my reports before. I cannot say enough about the resort yes we had a welcome from the team as if we had been long lost members of the family. The bure we stayed in had a a pool which we really like. The food is brilliant although I understand there is a new chef but with Ben And Rachael ( who run the resort ) overseeing every detail I am sure the standard is good.
We had the chance to get out and spend a day on another island about a 20 minute boat ride with the resort providing a hamper of food and beer and wine to order what a day, you should remember that the sun up in fiji BURNS as I found out, but the resort quickly came to my aid with a wonderful cream that fixed the problem.During our stay we had a mix of divers,honeymooners from Ireland,a couple of familys and a good mix . During the day you hardly see anyone only at meals times which in itself is a good gathering time.Also the cultural talks down by the marina fantastic.
The staff from management to everyone go out of their way to help sure we had been before but a young couple of girls who hired a scooter in Nadi had a accident getting to the resort well the resort just wrapped them up in cotton wool so to speak taking them to the hostipal checking on them my wife who is a senior Director of Nursing was roped in to help checking on dressings my wife didn't mind, but it shows that this place cares about the guests well being try and see that at the big hotels near Nadi.
Sadly I will not be reporting on this resort again even though we are going back in March 2012 as I feel that it will start to look like a paid commercial which it is not.
To Ben and Rachel and team many thanks.
PS make sure that you meet BEATO who is the manager he is a great bloke who makes sure whatever you want happens, he is everywhere thanks Mate

Room Tip: Try and get a private pool room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple