All reviews beachfront bure dive operation meal plan dive sites ocean view village tour viti levu lovo night private plunge pool raki raki local village snorkeling trip our honeymoon bligh waters outdoor shower free activities island picnic
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My wife and I just spent ten memorable days at this wonderful dive resort and can honestly say it was absolutely fabulous. This resort is under a superb management team that clearly understands customer satisfaction. The entire staff is most friendly and very helpful. They clearly want your stay to be an experience of a lifetime. The kitchen is world class, with a diverse and healthy menu, excellently prepared and wonderfully presented. Our accommodations (the Honeymoon Brue) were extremely comfortable with a spectacular view of the Fijian waters, restful bed, wonderful dipping pool, and invigorating showers. The on-site dive operation at the resort, Reef Safari truly made my vacation. Their experienced dive masters ensured that even an average diver like me captured the beauty and wonder of the reef environment. It is also a first class operation and their planned addition of a new dive boat and Nitrox capability will make it even better. Wananavu is remote enough to make you feel like you are in the “real Fiji” and not on some big name resort island. It is also not so large that is can become overcrowded. We are definitely sold on this resort and plan to return for another stay at Wananavu.

Room Tip: All bures are great but the Honeymoon bures are special.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry B
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Over the last years we have stayed at Wananavu Beach Resort a number of times if you look back you will see my reports before. I cannot say enough about the resort yes we had a welcome from the team as if we had been long lost members of the family. The bure we stayed in had a a pool which we really like. The food is brilliant although I understand there is a new chef but with Ben And Rachael ( who run the resort ) overseeing every detail I am sure the standard is good.
We had the chance to get out and spend a day on another island about a 20 minute boat ride with the resort providing a hamper of food and beer and wine to order what a day, you should remember that the sun up in fiji BURNS as I found out, but the resort quickly came to my aid with a wonderful cream that fixed the problem.During our stay we had a mix of divers,honeymooners from Ireland,a couple of familys and a good mix . During the day you hardly see anyone only at meals times which in itself is a good gathering time.Also the cultural talks down by the marina fantastic.
The staff from management to everyone go out of their way to help sure we had been before but a young couple of girls who hired a scooter in Nadi had a accident getting to the resort well the resort just wrapped them up in cotton wool so to speak taking them to the hostipal checking on them my wife who is a senior Director of Nursing was roped in to help checking on dressings my wife didn't mind, but it shows that this place cares about the guests well being try and see that at the big hotels near Nadi.
Sadly I will not be reporting on this resort again even though we are going back in March 2012 as I feel that it will start to look like a paid commercial which it is not.
To Ben and Rachel and team many thanks.
PS make sure that you meet BEATO who is the manager he is a great bloke who makes sure whatever you want happens, he is everywhere thanks Mate

Room Tip: Try and get a private pool room
1  Thank obancas
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Yadra,
If you want the most relaxing holiday you can imagine, this is the place to go. Totally chill out, which is what we need to recharge our over-extended batteries. Despite the long journey from the airport,the trip is worth the wait and the last bumpy bit is now expected after all the comments so should be no problem.
Staff are amazing and their skills with people of all ages and nationalities are to be commended. Nothing is too much trouble, even to ordering Rosiloa CDs for me to purchase at the shop- this is THE most amazing group of fijian singers and should be.noted world wide. Also the group who play every day at lunch and dinner are very entertaining. The spa staff make a point of talking to everyone even those without bookings.
Our bure, up on the hill, with pool, had the most amazing views of Bligh waters and the sunsets were fantastic. My only question is why have an inside shower at all? Food- brilliant, thanks to all the chefs, particularly for my birthday breakfast of a whole lobster, but also particularly for the soups- we love them. Wish we could get the recipes.
We have been in many resorts around the south pacific and also on a number of small and large cruises and nowhere has there been the sense of cameraderie (or the ability of guests to rearrange the tables to make huge tables of people who wanted to eat, drink, laugh and sing together) anywhere that we have been. Guests from all over the world, including the Irish couple recently mentioned, a Finnish couple, an American couple, a south African guy(from /
Sydney) and others just had the most amazing time.
This was our 3rd time at Wananavu in less than18 months and I celebrated a major birthday this time and I just can't wait to go back.
Please go into Rakiraki when you visit - the locals are very friendly but don't see very many tourists so your dollars can make a difference. The market is small but the produce is fresh and of a great variety. No-one objects to photos being taken.
Thank you to Rachel, Ben and every member of staff-it would take another page to name you all, so please know that we love you all.

Room Tip: The bures with plunge pool are to die for
1  Thank Robyn M
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I did enjoy my short stay at this wonderful place. I stayed in one of the houses right on the beach with an incredible view. The staff are unusually motivated and know your name after half a day! The trip to a village (bamboo rafting). Was the best I have seen on all pacific islands I visited. BUT the prices are beyond reason.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank edisteiner
wananavu2010, General Manager at Wananavu Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments. The staff are definitely our special asset.
I am sorry that you feel the prices are beyond reason. You were charged at a local rate and given a complimentary upgrade to a Beach Front Bure. Your dinner each night cost F$18 or just over AUD$10 for an a la carte menu in a 4 star resort. We do try to keep our charges as competitive as possible but our operating costs are very high.
Again thank you for your time in posting this review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We went to Wananavu for our Honeymoon. We had the most amazing time of our lives. All
the staff were absolutely amazing and helpful. The room was great totally recommend the Honeymoon Bure. We enjoyed Cocktails on the deck and a private balcony dinner (food was amzaing) as well as plenty of other activities that are avliable. Everyone should stay at Wananavu because it is the best.

Room Tip: Choos the Honeymoon Bure
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was a pleasure having you both here. Do come back for your anniversary!