All reviews cane train spa bath train tracks star resort fish feeding free shuttle staff were amazing nadi airport beachcomber bure
Reviewed 7 February 2016

Wife came down with Ciguatera fish poisoning from eating in the restaurant at Anchorage. Resort? wouldn't admit it was anything to do with them, all of a sudden didn't serve sea food plata.
Turn air con on in room and their would just be water gushing out of the split system.
Didn't look anything like the photos, couldnt swim in the beach, hotel would transfer you to their own other islands at your expense. Rubbish tip next door to hotel, and train during night.
Due to the fish poisoning we had to do emergency trip to hospital. Struggled to find night security to organise a taxi for us to the hospital. Hotel staff gave me a bottle of water for my wife and then charged it to my room, with the attitude there was nothing to worry about. On a positive note Fiji hospital was well equipped and diagnosed her within 2 minutes and had her on IV drip.

Room tip: pay the extra dollars and stay somewhere else
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark M
groupmanager3, Group Manager at Anchorage Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Bula
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
It is disappointing to hear that your wife contracted ciguatera. We take a careful approach to our seafood and avoid buying certain fish during the season when there is a possibility of ciguatera so it is surprising that this happened. However the appropriate action was taken in not serving the seafood until further investigation had taken place.
Apologies regarding the AC system, i trust this was rectified once reception had been notified.
We offer daytrips to other island resorts within the group but also offer numerous tours that any of our guests can take. These include island trips as well as free shopping trips to Lautoka and Nadi on a daily basis. There are also tours to The Garden of the Sleeping Ginat, Zipline and Sabeto Mud pools to name a few which can all be organized through our reception desk. As all trips/tours involve either boat or vehicle transfers there is obviously a charge for this as you will find at any resort worldwide.
The sugar cane train runs from 01 June through to 30 November as a rule and does in fact pass through the resort. There are definitely some runs that occur at night due to the fact the industry is a significant part of peoples livelihoods in the Western part of Fiji and the transporting of the cane on the trains is part of this. Many people find the cane train a novelty during their stay.
Our reception is open 24 hours so it should have been a phone call away to organize a transfer to the hospital in this emergency case. Without further details it is hard for me to comment on this.
Vinaka and thank you again for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

My daughter Sarah (11) and I have just returned to Oz after a week based at Anchorage.
After reading some of the reviews on here I was a little concerned, but it took only a few friendly "bulas" and a swim in that beautiful pool to wash them away.
Anchorage is not a five star resort, and nor does it pretend to be. What it is, remains better than a five star resort in our eyes.
It's real and relaxed Fiji!!!
The rooms were fine. The beds comfy, the spa bath cool and the air conditioning in working order.
The pool and restaurant are what make the facilties. Every meal was worth the effort, and some of the seafood dishes outstanding, as were the curries.
The pool is simply glorious.
But what we will always remember most was the friendliness of the staff.
EVERY person we asked seemed to enjoy what they were doing. From the restaurant staff, reception, the drivers and even the cleaners. The staff are always smiling, never too busy to help and only too willing to advise on activities when requested.
It's FIVE STAR SERVICE in a laid-back easy going Fijian style.
We couldn't have asked for anything more.
A big "vinaka" from us to you and we hope to see you next year!
P.S. Off-season is a great time to visit too. No queues for attractions and cheaper prices wherever you go!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank David M

Bula and thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We are delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at The Anchorage. Our chef has been working with his team to deliver quality meals with a delicious taste and they have obviously achieved that during your stay.
The pool is a great central location next to the restaurant and offers plenty of space and depth for all ages. Many guests refer to our wonderful staff who do take the time to engage with our guests.
Vinaka vakalevu for staying with us!

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Just had a lovely two nights stay here after a seven day island cruising, a very relaxing and luxurious, a good decision i made to stay at the Anchorage Resort to recharge on the lovely island of Fiji.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with statravel.com
1  Thank anne_headland3

Bula
Glad you enjoyed your short stay at The Anchorage. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

Vinaka.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Our stay at the Anchorage was lovely. The pool was great and always clean. The staff were great, very helpful and always called us taxis when needed. The food at the restaurant was yum and good size portions, great spot to watch the sunset. The buffet breakfast was simple but had what I'd eat in the heat. Stayed in a oceanfront room with 2 queens, good amount of space for Mum and I. The fan was a bit loose and the shower had a little leak but when we told reception they sent someone down straight away and fixed it! There isn't much around the resort but if you stay here it's a $5 taxi to yummy restaurants such as Tony's Place, First Landing & The Boatshed. We enjoyed our 6 night stay at the Anchoage, it was nothing fancy but just was we needed!

1  Thank jordanmountney

Bula and thank you for your review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Anchorage. Our staff are an asset to the resort and we appreciate the bond they make with our guests. The oceanfront rooms are spacious and offer easy access to the restaurant and pool area. the Anchorage is in a quiet and picturesque location and that's what many people enjoy about it. Unfortunately Tony's place is no longer operating post the cyclone.
Vinaka

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

What can I say about Anchorage Beach Resort. It shows nothing of the real Fiji. I was charged for things I had already paid for. I booked and paid for a beachside villa with ocean views and spa. I got the villa. No ocean views and beachside to me is on the beach. I could see a dirt road at the front of the villa and a construction site at the back. The spa was set so low into the decking you had to crawl out and there were no safety rails to grab on to. It also was dirty and took till the third day and me complaining to clean. It says on my booking there was a jetted bath. No there wasn't. One of the restaurants and one of the bars were clised for renovations- at Christmas. Of course you weren't told that till you got there and no swimming beach! Come on! You had to pay extra to take a boat tour to another usland to see clear blue pacific watet and white beaches. There were only about eigjt day beds for everyone and most of the food was Indian. The Christmas night cwkebrations were cancelled and same price charged for a buffet with no entertainment. The tour I took to see something of the real Fiji advertised things included which they did not deliver and no explanations or discount. I emaiked the iwner. He cares so little he has not acknowledged my email.

Date of stay: December 2015