2,912 results
All reviews soho square main restaurant italian restaurant fish animation team great holiday junior suite bit dated guest relations the thomas cook rep soft drinks special thanks kids club tiran island special mention heated pool evening entertainment
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Just back from sunrise island, had a great time
I was a bit warey of going after some of the reviews, but all in all
I can not fail this hotel.
yes the rooms could do with an update, but come on your on holiday be honest
how much time do u really spend in room??
The hotel was clean well kept and the staff were friendly (although i have to say they were alot more friendly to the females lol)
The food in main area was good with a big enough choice for most people, its hard trying to keep everybody from all over the world happy when it comes to food.
The pools were always clean and not really that busy, the beach was a busier place but once u had your bed your were set up for the day.
All staff were courteious and always had a hello or goodmorning.
its like life , be nice and guess what lol people are nice back
The only down side was i came back with upset stomach, but i here thats normal lol
To sum up
Would i go back , yes no problem there
take care and enjoy

2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 1 October 2010

What a brilliant hotel this is.Rooms have good air con and are cleaned every day.Water is placed in the mini bar every day(although our fridge wasn't very cold)Four massive pools to choose from.the main pool has a bar so you have to get up early to get a sunbed reserved there.We went to pool 2 which was great.lots going on with the animation team playing games and getting people involved.Snorkelling was great at the two piers the hotel has.Didn't get too busy so was very enjoyable.Drinks are pretty good although the ingredients for the cocktails seems to differ depending on the waiter you got! Lager was quite good for an all inclusive so enjoyed that.One thing i must mention are the staff.They are all absolutely brilliant and can't do enough for you.Only thing that annoyed me is that when you go to the bars for a drink on the evening there is the same singer who sings EVERY night! And she is not good.wouldn't be so bad if there was somewhere else to have a drink.There is Soho Square around the corner but its expensive.The queen vic pub is about as english as Omar Sharif.five english pounds a pint and no premier league football! Food is not bad.They have to cater for Russians and Germans so you get some strange foods.There is an area where they serve Chips, burgers, hot dogs and pizza pretty much all the time so that was my food sorted! Despite the odd niggle this is still getting five stars from me.Well well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicksmith40
Reviewed 1 October 2010

See further down my review for some top tips......

This is our second year running to the same hotel. Last year just my partner and I went and this year we went with 13 of us including extended family of children and grandparents and aunt. Every one of us had a fantastic time and personally I would not visit any other hotel in Sharm for fear of disappointment.

The setting is excellent - not too far from the airport, beautiful grounds and pools. Four superb restaurants, the sea with excellent snorkelling, good staff and spacious rooms. The choice and quality of food is very good indeed - if you can't find something to eat here, then you are very fussy! The entertainment can be a bit cheezy but we were rolling around with laughter most evenings and the traditional show with a belly dancer and whirling dervish is not to be missed for a bit of culture.

Any minor criticism may be that the bathroom fittings are a little tired, but we didn't come all the way to Egypt to spend the time in the rooms.

All in all, probably one of the best holidays I have been on.

TOP TIPS:

1. Avoid being ushered into the visa / registration queue upon arrival at the airport if you are staying in Sharm only. You do not need to pay for an extra visa unless you are going elsewhere eg the pyramids in Cairo. There are staff ushering you into these queues on arrival, but you don't need to do this if you are staying local and can walk straight through.

2. Buy your currency in Egypt - exhange rate is better than UK. Actually, English money is accepted in all of Sharm but only use it if you are confident in working the exchange rate quickly as some more unscrupulous individuals may try and have you over with the exchange rate. I should add that the hotel staff and shops are much better and will not rip you off or hassle you. In fact, we found the hotel shops were cheaper for gifts than the supermarket even. They all take English money and the hotel shops will usually give your change in English as well. In 2009 the rate was 10 Eygptian pounds to 1 English pound and so it was easy to work out. In 2010 the rate varied from 7 to 9 Egyptian pounds with most shops offering about 8. Personally I only took English money and did not bother with Egpytian - I was just careful with the exchange rate and made sure I got at least 8 to the pound.
Also a word of warning, Egyptian money is supposed to be the dirtiest money in the world and so we always carried a little bit of hand gel with us when handling cash.
Unless you are going to pay for extra trips, it is actually quite hard to spend money when you are all inclusive. Most of my expenditure was on photos and medicines from the Pharmacy which brings me on to my next tip:

THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP - NEARLY EVERY BRIT GETS 'DELI BELLY' WHEN OUT IN EGYPT - FORGET THE ENGLISH MEDICINES - THEY DO NOT WORK. GO ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE HOTEL TO THE PHARMACY (OPEN FROM 12 NOON TIL LATE EVENING) AND GET ANTINAL. I BELIEVE THIS IS SOME SORT OF ANTIBIOTIC WHICH HAS YOU FEELING BETTER WITHIN 24 HOURS MAX. IT COSTS £5 OR 40 EGYPTIAN POUNDS FOR A COURSE FOR ONE PERSON. YOU NEED TO COMPLETE THE COURSE AND NOT SHARE TABLETS BECAUSE OTHERWISE THE DREADED TROTS WILL COME BACK - IT IS A 3 DAY COURSE.

If you see a Doctor for the same thing they will only give you Antinal anyway and sensibly with countries other than England you can get antibiotics without prescription so save your time and money and go straight to the Pharmacist. Also two of my children got ear infections from constantly swimming underwater and we managed to buy antibiotics for them with no hassle. If your kids are always underwater, it may be better to use ear plugs to try and avoid this.

4. Make sure you book a meal in the Italian restaurant as soon as you arrive because they get booked up quickly. You can eat there as often as you like but you must book in advance so do it at the start of your holiday.

5. Take around £20 pound coins per family per stay to tip the odd person. You do not have to tip - we found that only the men who brought the suitcases to the room looked like they expected a tip. However, it made life smoother if certain people were given the odd pound - namely the pool boy, bar / waiter staff. You don't need to tip all the time, just every now and then and you will be well looked after.

6. There are 4 pools at the hotel - suss out which one suits you best - pools one and two are near the main reception and hotel. They can be noisy as they have slides and music and well as bars etc. Pool 3 is somewhat hidden away and is the adult only quiet pool which is nice if you want to be quiet, but no pool bar there or toilets I think. Pool 4 (our choice) is usually less hectic than the first two pools, plus it has a pool bar, toilets and is very convenient for the restaurant Fatima's for lunch etc as well as being closest to the beach for snorkelling. However, we did find that the music was sometimes too loud and we had to ask them to turn it down a few times.

1  Thank Juliet R
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Dirty,rusty,cracky,ugly rooms.The bathroom is like in africas common toilets!!! Anyway is the worstes place,where I ever been!!!! After 4 houres I was forced,by this conditions,to change the hotel,in Radisson Blu,which was far better!! I checkd 5 rooms,but all of them where the same less then poor quality!!
See the pictures,and no comments are required !!

1  Thank FikoTarguMures
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We went for two weeks of rest and relaxation and that is what we got. The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. The hotel itself was stoplessly clean. The food was very good - generally it seemed to be repeated the second week but the choice was excellent. There was an Italian restaurant and also Fatima's Oriental. You could book into them as many times as you wanted, but be quick as they did get booked up. The pool towels were supplied every day and were clean and plentiful. There are four good sized pools and getting sunbeds was not a problem. Please do not attempt to go to the pool at 11 o'clock and expect a pick of the beds. We arrived at about 8 am most mornings and there were always plenty to pick from. The weather was excellent and snorkling briliant. We were advised that the hotel is going through a refurb in November. Yes the grouting in the bathroom could have been whiter but I dont go on holiday to pick on the decor. The rooms were cleaned daily and the housekeeper checked twice to see if everything was ok. What more could you ask for. Are we going again..... my next job is to book it for the same time next year, most definately. We never went on any of the trips so cannot really comment on that as I said it was rest and relaxation. Soho square just outside the hotel has plenty of shops and a great fountain. The were not allowed to come out of the shops to hastle you so you could just wonder about freely. Barter with everything including the chemist!!

1  Thank toni040