Melia Sinai
Sierra Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Coral Beach Resort Tiran(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$36
US$35
  • Breakfast included
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$103
Hyatt.com
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$79
US$63
US$127
US$59
US$214
US$173
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$44
  • Pool
US$67
US$62
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsanimation teambeach barice creamdivingseaegyptsharkschefs
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We were intrigued by the low prices this year because of the riots, so we decided to go at Melia Sinai. While I'm not discussing the price, this hotel pretends to have four stars, and let me say that is absolutely not the case. I will mention few things. We stayed for 11 days and twice during that time, when we returned at noon at our room, they had not cleaned it at all. They had not been there at all. But even when they "cleaned the room", they only made the bed and changed only towels, not the sheets. We complained but still no changing of sheets. Than we made a big fuss about it. They acted really really surprised, as if we were lying, and asked about our nationalities, which was completely irrelevant. I guess that was because german or british guests would be treated with much more care. Later that day we returned to the room, it was cleaned and for the first time we saw a towel sculpture. Needless to say it was too late for that. And than the guy who cleaned it, knocked at the door (even if the sign was "do not disturb") to say sorry for what happened and that he always changed sheets. He also said he was the only one in charge of cleaning, and sometimes he could not manage to clean all the rooms before noon.
We had a tour for Cairo from which we were to return at the hotel late in the evening, when the restaurant was closed. They knew they had to prepare something for dinner for us waiting at our room. They knew we were comming from a 6 hour long and very tiring drive. But they did nothing and their excuse was that the tour angecy didn't tell them specifically to do so. And they didn't want to do nothing about that. Only after a big fuss with the tour agency and threatening to complain harder, they managed to bring two lousy sandwiches.
Animation was also lousy. I only enjoyed the yoga class. I didn't try the beauty center but some guys with offers and catalogs bugged me every day. I was extremely irritated by them touching my nails or hair so as to explain their treatmens although I specifically told I was not interested. I guess they considered us europians "easy". The room was ok, but the furniture was old. The remote control of the tv was broken. They replaced it after our second complain.The food was ok, but too repetitive. The tried to cook some pasta but that was horrible.
As they lowered prices, many locals were now comming to this hotel, and they made such a big noise at the pool, but no one told them to be careful and to respect other people. The pools were too small and although they had one only for kids, they used the big pool instead.
So my advice, don't go to this hotel. It is not worthy. The only good thing about it was the location, the corals were breathtaking. I must mention their doctor also. Very polite and understanding, he assisted us on a little accident my husband had.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marianta
MSharm, Manager at Melia Sinai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and
I had sent a private email to you to show our commitment to guest satisfaction.
Best regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Great Hotel with Friendly staff and good facilities... Recommend All inclusive since there are no real restaurant or shopping facilities close by...
Great Snorkling and diving from Jetty

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Apollo
3  Thank LenanaOuma
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Very nice maintainance of our rooms, nice staff. Bad info on what was included in all inclusive and where we could get the different services. Lot of birds in restaurant. espesially at breakfast.
They were feeding on the wegetables and cakes. and you could see their dumpings on some tables. This should the hotel make an effort to get rid off.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Apollo
2  Thank Eikemo
MSharm, Manager at Melia Sinai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Comments of our guests are very important for us and we take it very seriously.
I have shared your comments with management team. We will take necessary action in the restaurant, to ensure birds will not occur again in the future to any of our guests.
I look forward to welcome you back at Meliá Sinai,

Reviewed 30 September 2011

The hotel is not really dirty, but it is not clean either. The staff we found was really friendly and serviceminded. We are not going back to this resort, but we are definitely going back to Sharm El Sheik. The food was ok but not more than that.
We could not use the ATM it would not service Visa debet or credit cards and it would not service Mastercard either. If we wanted cash we had to walk to Baron Resort 10 minutes away.
Just for the record we have stayed in several other resorts in Sharm over the last nine years.
Sorry Melia.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailing365
MSharm, Manager at Melia Sinai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and
I had sent a private email to you to show our commitment to guest satisfaction.
Best regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I just came from my holiday at Melia Sharm .. we spent very ineteresting time in this great hotel .. the rooms are nice and big, the food is taste, the service is perfect .. you can spend most of your time in the hotel without feel boring .. I went there with my wife .. we really had great time .. I would love to come back again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family